Under general supervision, coordinates and assists with public, professional, and/or community educational programs, including day-to-day operations. Presents curricula, assembles presentations, prepares materials, and supports and/or facilitates classes, workshops, seminars, and other training services.
Minimum Job Requirements :
Bachelor's degree or appropriate skill level in related field with 1 to 3 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Prior work experience can offset the degree requirement provided a detailed listing of prior experience is submitted to and approved by the corporate leader responsible for the area and the EVP of Human Resources.
ASN/ BSN, AND Certified RMA or CMA, with 2 years work experience in a healthcare facility.
Duties And Responsibilities:
1. Develops the syllabus for each course assigned based on ACICS and department criteria. The syllabus is to include learning objectives expressed in behavioral terms.
2. Distributes the syllabus to the Academic Dean, the Program Director and to each student at the first scheduled class session.
3. Teaches the depth and scope of class materials as outlined in the syllabus and catalog and relates the instruction to careers and employer expectations.
4. Prepare and grades examinations based upon course objectives and published exam schedule and returns all assignments in a timely manner.
5. Begin and end each class at the designated times, providing a full period of instruction.
6. Leaves the classroom or laboratory clean, organized, and ready for the next user.
7. Submits, at the designated time, final grades for all students on the class roster.
8. Accurately maintains attendance records in accordance with the Attendance Policy, submits class roster daily, maintains a separate record of attendance and grades that is clearly labeled and turned in at the end of the term.
9. Calls all students who are absent and submits written reports of pertinent information to the Program Director.
10. Attends faculty meetings, in-service meetings, graduation and other college events as required by the College.
11. Assists with the design and implementation of all curricula and course materials for public, professional, and/or community educational programs.
12. Schedules, organizes, and facilitates the delivery of curriculum and other educational programming; presents or assists in the presentation of established curriculum, as appropriate to the individual position.
13. Develops and maintains records and databases on student and program activities, materials, equipment, and supplies.
14. Writes, edits, and coordinates development of course catalogs, promotional materials, educational materials, training manuals, newsletters, and/or brochures, as appropriate to the program.
15. Orders and purchases project supplies and materials for the curriculum.
16. Coordinates student registration for special educational programs.
17. May travel to other relevant community venues, as required, in support of curricular activities.
18. Performs or delegates clerical and administrative support tasks, including creation, typing, and editing of program correspondence, purchasing documents, reports, program handbooks, and other publications.
19. Collects and analyzes data; prepares scheduled and special reports; maintains program/project records and statistical information.
20. Coordinates space and facilities usage as appropriate to overall curriculum requirements.
21. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
· Ability to evaluate, design, and implement curriculum, testing, and/or teaching methodologies.
· Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Knowledge of teaching methods, curriculum, and education programs.
· Teaching and facilitation skills with the ability to teach and control the behavior of students.
· Knowledge of academic and/or vocational education curricula.
· Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
· Knowledge of communication principles, media, and marketing techniques.
· Ability to gather data, compiles information, and prepares reports and records maintenance skills.
· Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
· Clerical, word processing, and/or office skills.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
· Ability to coordinate and organize educational programs, meetings and/or special events.
· Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports.
· Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
· Knowledge of curriculum development and preparation procedures.
Education Corporation of America® owns and operates private accredited colleges across the United States as well as via the Internet...