Sirius XM Radio is America's satellite radio company. SiriusXM broadcasts more than 135 channels of commercial-free music, premier sports, live news, talk, comedy, entertainment, traffic and weather to 22.9 million subscribers. We are one of the world's largest pure-play audio entertainment companies and we are among the largest subscription media companies in the United States. SiriusXM broadcasts to subscribers everywhere they want to listen on more than 800 devices for cars, boats, the home or office, and through a wide range of mobile devices.
SiriusXM offers an impressive array of content that spans virtually all genres and interests, including Howard Stern , Martha Stewart , Oprah Winfrey , Dr. Laura , Jamie Foxx , Opie & Anthony , Bob Edwards , Chris "Mad Dog" Russo , Jimmy Buffett , Elvis , Eminem , The Grateful Dead , B.B. King , Pearl Jam , Willie Nelson , Frank Sinatra , and Tom Petty . SiriusXM is the leader in sports programming as the Official Satellite Radio Partner of the NFL , Major League Baseball ®, NASCAR ®, NBA , NHL ®, and PGA TOUR ® and offers major college sports.
SiriusXM has arrangements with every major automaker for installation of satellite radio in their vehicles. SiriusXM products are available through shop.siriusxm.com and at retail locations nationwide. SiriusXM programming is also available at siriusxm.com/whatson , and on Apple iPad, iPhone and iPod touch , BlackBerry and Android -powered smartphones using the SiriusXM Internet Radio App.
SiriusXM provides premium real-time video, traffic, weather, data and information services for subscribers in cars, trucks, RVs, boats and aircraft through Sirius Backseat TV ™, Sirius Travel Link , XM NavTraffic ®, Sirius Traffic ™, XM Nav Weather ™, and Sirius Marine ™.
SiriusXM is committed to integrity, excellence, and diversity among its employees .
The individual in this position will act as program manager, technical liaison and development engineer on multiple OEM programs with multiple suppliers. The person will also provide technical support to the OEM Business and marketing team members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to OEMS and Tier 1 radio/navi suppliers that are integrating Sirius XM hardware and supporting software into vehicle platforms.
- Provide program management duties, tracking and closing open issues at both the supplier and the OEM.
- Regularly brief management on status and open issues on their programs.
- Provide guidance and at times perform type approval pre-test or formal testing of radios and Navi units as required.
- Perform vehicle drive testing with OEMs as requested.
- Travel to OEMs and suppliers as required, both in the United States and abroad to support their OEM programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- This person should have achieved at least a bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- The individual should have at least 5 years of OEM audio development/design/test experience at the OEM or tier 1 supplier.
- The individual should be a self-motivated, goal-oriented individual that is interested in working in both an office and a laboratory environment.
Requirements and General Skills:
- This job is more than a 9 -5 position, allowing for last minute travel and evening work/conference calls in addition to normal work hours.
- Knowledge of RF is preferred.
- Some knowledge of software architectures and bus protocol is preferred.
- Working knowledge of signal generators and frequency analyzers is preferred.
- International travel may be required. Eligibility for a passport is required.
- Good public speaking and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized
- Ability to project a professional image over the phone and in person
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Creative writing ability
- Strong interest in current events and pop culture, as related to assigned channels / programs
- Comfortable working with talent, artists and high profile individuals
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/V/D
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
You might say radio programming from this company comes from a higher plane. SIRIUS XM Radio operates satellite radio systems under the...