CompuCom is searching for an experienced and motivated Systems Engineer to join our client in taking IT Operations to the next level.
Do you have a strong Linux background and like to engineer & implement solutions? Do you like to troubleshoot and solve IT puzzles? Do you think in scripting languages? Do you have excellent written and verbal communications skills? Are you self-motivated and like to work both independently and as part of a team?
If so, come work with a small systems engineering team to design and implement state-of-the-art automated dev-ops leveraging AWS EC2 and VMWare ESX with both cloud and physical servers.
Candidates must possess a strong knowledge of all aspects of Linux Operating Systems and have proficiency using tools and utilities to assess, troubleshoot and solve problems as well as recommend, design and implement solutions. Strong candidates will demonstrate their ability to write and modify scripts using a scripting language such as Bash, Perl, Python, or other common scripting language.
As a member of the Engineering and Operations Team typical responsibilities include:
Technical Skills Required:
- Fulfill the role of Linux subject matter expert on the Systems team
- Support a diverse global enterprise IT infrastructure with many disparate systems
- Monitor, Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve systems, network, and applications issues
- Recommend, design, engineer and implement heterogeneous solutions
- Perform systems, application, and hardware patching and upgrades and maintain thorough documentation for all servers and configuration histories
- Assist team with managing and maintaining 24/7 system infrastructure
- Coordinate with vendors for licensing, equipment purchases and services as needed
- Assist with maintaining and ensuring reliable enterprise backups
- Routinely update support tickets to accurately document and track issues
- Assist Disaster Recovery Team on creating, testing, and updating disaster recovery plans
Technical Skills Desired:
- Strong hands on Linux Administration experience with CentOS or other RHEL based distributions
- A thorough knowledge of Linux kernel services and tuning; file system (ext2, ext3, XFS), NFS, security, installation, networking, postfix, mdadm, cryptsetup, etc.
- Possess strong knowledge and understanding of corporate networking protocols; TCP/IP, DNS, LAN's, WAN's, VLANS's, Wireless, VPN, firewalls, etc.
- Possess strong knowledge of systems operations; CPU threading, process ID's, memory utilization, disk I/O, file system security (Windows and Linux), etc.
- Ability to write and modify scripts using a common scripting language (Bash, Perl, etc.)
Other Qualifications Required:
- Microsoft Active Directory experience
- Cisco router and switch experience
- Previous experience with Amazon AWS services, especially AWS API scripting
- Previous hands on experience supporting Tomcat, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Puppet
- Previous experience with VMWare ESXi, especially high availability clustering
- Standard industry certifications or equivalent experience
- Self-motivated with ability to work both independently with remote supervision and to work and contribute as part of a team
- Professional interpersonal and communications etiquette and skills
- Ability to lift and move equipment, such as servers, in a confined datacenter environment
- Occasional travel as needed to support IT services
Compucom Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, helps companies plan, implement and manage multi-vendor, industry-standard computing...