Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to a global mindset.
This position will join our IT Operations support team in supporting the Oracle database systems and related Oracle based applications at F5. The primary responsibilities of this position are to ensure the availability, reliability, and maintenance of critical business applications and their underlying servers and databases. F5 currently has a need for a seasoned Oracle DBA to support EBS.
- Monitor and troubleshoot Oracle and Application Servers and associated jobs and processes.
- Monitor performance of Oracle Servers using various performance tools.
- Ensure problems and error conditions are promptly and appropriately addressed.
- Establish and maintain Configuration and Recovery documentation for designated systems.
- Assist with Database migrations, Oracle upgrades, and Hardware implementations.
- Deploy Oracle Stored procedure changes or scripts as needed to various environments.
- Manage Oracle and application access and permissions for various environments.
- Assist Development teams with Oracle and application server problem resolution.
- Research and resolve Oracle and application server issues as required.
- Proved 24*7 on call support.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- College degree in a computer discipline, or equivalent applicable experience.
- Minimum 5 years Oracle Database and Unix/Linux OS experience.
- Technical certifications desirable.
- Expert level understanding of Oracle Server administration and troubleshooting.
- Solid understanding of Data Access configuration.
- Solid understanding of Oracle Server index management. .
- Solid understanding of Network communications.
- Solid familiarity with UNIX, Linux, and Windows OS.
- Solid familiarity with Remote Server management.
- Demonstrated familiarity with RMAN, Dataguard and Oracle HA Solutions.
- Demonstrated familiarity with Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Demonstrated familiarity with Network Trace utilities.
- Demonstrated familiarity with Database Backup methodologies.
- Familiarity with SAN technologies.
- Experience working with hosted solution providers a plus.
- Solid written & verbal communications; fluency in English language.
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, documentation, organization, and problem solving skills.
- Strong logical and analytical thinker.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
F5 Networks - 21 months ago
While you may not know it, you’re likely using F5 solutions in some of your daily activities, including online banking, trading...