Two to three years college level courses/Associate’s Degree/Diploma in Nursing. State of New Mexico Nursing License required. Less than one year experience as a Registered Nurse.
Primary Job Functions
- Provides direct patient care by assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting individual patient needs, actions taken and patient responses.
- Coordinates patients’ care through collaboration with the patient/family and healthcare team.
- Performs assessments as per unit standards and documents on appropriate data base/assessment flow sheet.
- Initiates, utilizes and documents appropriate protocols and standards of care
- Administers medication and treatments as prescribed by physician, or standard protocols and documents according to policy.
- Identifies and meets patient and family learning and discharge needs on admission and throughout episode of care.
- Performs competently in emergency situations.
- Delegates or assigns aspects of patient care to healthcare team members commensurate with their validated competency to perform the task.
- Provides leadership through communication about and validation of patient care.
- Assists with various procedures, treatments, surgical techniques or delegate/assign to other healthcare team members as appropriate.
- Completes patient population/age specific/procedure and protocol education and competency testing per unit standards.
- Demonstrates competency in required psychomotor skills.
- Assists in orientation of new staff or students, and serve as a resource person and professional role model.
- Assumes professional responsible for current nursing structure and clinical standards of care.
- Incorporates PHS mission (VVPS) in care-giving activities.
1. Participates in unit/department governance
- Meets professional requirements as follows:
- Performance Standards:
2. Adheres to PHS dress code for professionals, including display of ID badge.
3. Documents own continuing education.
4. Maintains positive communication and relationships with patients, peers and other healthcare team members.
5. Participates in quality improvement activities.
6. Maintains a punctual and reliable attendance record.
7. Completes mandatory inservices, competencies and licensure requirements on time.
8. Adheres to safety and equipment policies.
- Performs other functions as required.
Presbyterian Healthcare Services - 19 months ago