About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructures, Industries & Machine Manufacturers, Non-residential Buildings, Data Centres & Networks and in Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group's 130,000 plus employees achieved sales of 22.4 billion euros in 2011, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy. www.schneider-electric.com
Schneider Electric has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate individual to assume the role of Instructional Designer / Architect in our West Kingston, RI location.
This position will report to the Global Education Director of Training Operations, and will be responsible for assisting the Core Business Process Course Development for ITB education programs focused on LOB offer including data center, secure power and business network strategic application areas. This individual will work closely with Schneider Global Education including Marketing, Sales, Service and Leadership content development teams.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
Other Secondary Responsibilities May Include:
- Manage education projects from inception to completion
- Develop and maintain eLearning and classroom final course product
- Writing scripts, instructor guides and student guides that align with Learning Objectives
- Research, create and organize content into logical learning sequences
- Writing competency tests from learning objectives for programs developed
- Work with and manage Subject Matter Experts to complete projects on time and in accordance with
- Modify content to be translated to multiple languages for international business models
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Produce, edit and QA voice-over narration of course content
- Project manage in global online input management system
- Perform Task and Skills Analysis
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Manager
Requirements: Experience in Creative Writing, Instructional Design or Distance Education required. Bachelor's degree required, Masters Degree strongly preferred. 8-10 years of experience in a similar role developing courses in a corporate environment. Knowledge of, PowerPoint, Adobe PhotoShop, Macromedia Breeze or other E-Learning software a plus. Experience with technical writing or course creation for IT industry a plus.
- The ability to quickly learn new products, concepts, and system design procedures.
- The ability to engage and manage SMEs to garner information needed to produce compelling, engaging, and entertaining scripts and user guides
- Superb written/oral communication skills
- A strong work ethic and the desire to work in a team atmosphere
- A desire to create multiple types of documentation; including user guides, leader guides, course descriptions and outlines, learning aides, knowledge checkpoint tests, and course presentations
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.
Schneider Electric - 10 months ago
If you're hungry for power, this company can help. Schneider Electric is a leading global manufacturer of equipment for electrical...