Position Overview : The North Atlantic Seafood Coordinator is responsible for creating and executing the vision and standards for the North Atlantic Seafood program. The coordinator will facilitate decisions around products and resources that best support our retail objectives. In addition they oversee and coordinate product initiatives as they relate to the department and assure consistent standards in our stores. The Seafood Coordinator is responsible for assuring that the tools and training are provided to develop knowledgeable and service oriented store seafood teams. The coordinator is also responsible for developing department structures, through sound product decisions, appropriate margin and price setting, appealing marketing strategies and understanding the customer base of our stores that yield profitable results. Coordinator success is achieved through developing strong Store, Vendor, Team Leader, Regional Team, National Seafood Team and Marketing relationships as well as developing a strong partnership with Pigeon Cove.
Responsibilities & Qualifications :Responsibilities:
1. Outline standards for all products carried in the department and assure that all products (and the vendors selling those products) meet those standards on quality and price.
2. Provide the stores with relevant and timely sales and margin data to make informed decisions about their department and how to maximize profitability, margin, sales and shrink controls.
3. Work with appropriate Store Team Leaders, Teams, and Regional group on developing a strong understanding of financials.
4. Support the stores to ensure accurate inventory counts and minimize spoilage.
5. Develop training for Store Teams that enhance and encourage product knowledge and growth/development via written, one on one, group and vendor training sessions.
6. Have clear established standards on safe handling of food, equipment and organic guidelines and assure these standards are communicated to the team.
7. Keep the department fresh and appealing to customers by stimulating new ideas, sharing best practices, presenting new perspectives from the store and regional teams.
8. Respond to vendor issues as needed on a timely basis.
9. Create, develop and assist in the communication of marketing programs that originate from our Global and Regional headquarters.
10. If appropriate, develop plan-o-grams/product maps/or layouts that are based upon the rate of sales, customer base and profit potential.
11. Assist Store Team Leaders in strategizing for remodels and renovations. Provide analytical support and expertise as necessary.
12. Oversee the work of the Regional Seafood Team to assure that work is focused on the vision, profit, customer and team member development and new member development.
13. Keep abreast of the competition and trends.
14. Establish clear, relevant and timely communications to Store Team Leaders and Team Leaders.
15. Support and act as a liaison between stores and facilities to assure quality standards are being delivered by the facility and that appropriate service levels are being maintained.
16. Partner with Pigeon Cove Buying team and the Facility Team Leader in determining the appropriate product mix, quality, to support store sales and keep the product fresh and appealing.
17. Assure the integrity of the department vision in new store set-ups, assure new team member education.
18. Identify leadership talent and foster career progression as appropriate to fulfill current and future department and store leadership needs.
19. Aggressively go after specials and deals to increase our value image and drive sales
- Current Associate Coordinator with relevant experience or store leadership experience.
- Ability to lead and motivate a large diverse team with varying skill levels.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the Seafood Industry or equivalent experience.
- Comparable experience as a Regional Leader.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrates good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Creative at marketing, presentation and product development.
- Good partnering and influencing skills.
- Proven financial success as a leader
Whole Foods Market - 3 years ago
Whole Foods Market owns and operates a chain of natural and organic foods supermarket. As of September 30, 2008, the Company operated 275...