Under direction of the Facility Director, monitor and supervise pool operations including: scheduling and supervising student employees, scheduling open pool times, assist with day-to-day operations of the aquatics area. Plan, organize and supervise various special aquatic events.
· Follows all LSSU policies, rules, regulations, and procedures including emergency procedures.
· Supervise pool operations including the conduct of regular water chemistry tests, minor maintenance of all equipment, and emergency repairs when needed.
· Select, train, and evaluate aquatics personnel; provide or coordinate staff training’s, meetings, and in-services; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures with supervisors.
· Oversee customer service, patron safety, equipment check-out, equipment maintenance, and routine cleaning and upkeep of the aquatics areas.
· Complete incident and accident reports as necessary.
· Conveys basic knowledge of all program areas to members and participants.
· Attends staff meetings and training’s as required.
· Respond in a professional and prudent manner during an emergency situation.
· Provide emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of EMS .
· Assign tasks in order to facilitate patron safety.
· Identify opportunities for improving service to patrons; identify resource needs; review with appropriate management staff; implement improvements.
· Performs other duties, within the scope of the position, as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent. Proper Certifications for Lifeguard and Swim instruction.
Associate degree with experience in Management of Athletic Facilities preferred.
Must be able to swim, lift at least 25lbs and use pool vacuum equipment.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Lake Superior State University - 18 months ago