High school diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge of the child/adolescent and adult specialties, outlined below, to be attained within six (6) months of employment:
• Knowledge of psychiatric disorders in the child/adolescent and adult populations
• Basic knowledge of growth and development of consumers as related to all intellectual, emotional, spiritual, and physical aspects of the consumer’s development
• Basic knowledge of behavior management and parenting issues
• Knowledge of cultural diversity
• Knowledge of behavior management, crisis intervention and interventions common to acute psychotic consumers, as well as, non-violent crisis intervention practices
• Knowledge of educational methods appropriate to child/adolescent and adult psychiatric disorders
• Knowledge of Psychiatric Rehabilitation principles
Physical Requirements of the Job:
• Responsible for physical holds/restraints based upon direction of code leader
• Frequent standing, walking and running
• Frequent forward bending from the hips while kneeling to reach to the side
• Frequent squat/lunge from a standing position
• Strong grasp is needed to maintain constant contact with a consumer during a restraint procedure or with other hold techniques.
• Maintaining back extension while in prone position (stomach toward floor) with one’s own body weight on forearms, thighs, knees to feet. The position is maintained from 30 seconds to extended time up to 1 hour or longer. This physical demand is frequent by nature.
• Ability to put one’s own body weight on one knee and one elbow on the same side of one’s body. The position can last from 15 seconds or longer. This physical demand is frequent by nature.
• Ability to kneel and reach to same side of body with both hands on the floor. This position is maintained for 30 seconds or longer. This physical demand is frequent by nature.
• This position requires a strong core
• This position requires upper body strength like that required to do push-ups.
• Have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds from floor to waist and horizontally.
• Any of the above listed physical demands could take place inside or outside the facility.
Primary Job Functions:
1. General Responsibilities:
a. Responds to crisis situations throughout facility and implements proper MindSet interventions
b. Demonstrates the ability to recognize the elements of a crisis state and knows how to deescalate or resolve the situation
c. Applies seclusion and restraint per AltaPointe Policy and Procedure
d. Conducts consumer and room searches for contraband items per AltaPointe Policy and Procedure
e. Conducts Environmental Rounds on a daily basis and documents accordingly
f. Provides ongoing monitoring and interaction with consumers, assists educational staff as needed
g. Provides daily assessment of consumer’s behavior via documentation requirements according to policy and standards
h. Performs hand-off communication at shift change
i. Effectively collaborates with the treatment team members
j. Actively participates in Security team meetings for performance improvement purposes
k. Provides staff training in crisis intervention as needed
l. Models appropriate behavior including but not limited to communication skills, grooming, manners, etc.
m. Demonstrates willingness to work on any unit based on facility needs as directed by the Nurse Coordinator
n. Effectively demonstrates the application of child/adolescent and adult specific competencies
2. Supervision and Consultation:
a. Seeks supervision and consultation as needed
b. Accepts and employs suggestions for improvement
c. Actively works to enhance skills
3. Clinical Record Keeping:
a. Documents in a timely fashion per AltaPointe policy
b. Documents in a clear and concise manner, types of consumer problems daily progress notes, progress on basic living skills, treatment goals addressed, and services provided
c. Documents legibly
4. Courteous and respectful attitudes towards consumers, visitors and co-workers:
a. Treats consumers with care, dignity and compassion
b. Manages physically aggressive consumers in a manner which protects individual dignity, respect and self-esteem
c. Respects consumer’s privacy and confidentiality
d. Is pleasant and cooperative with others
e. Assists consumers and visitors as needed
f. Personal values don’t inhibit ability to relate and care for others
g. Is sensitive to the consumer’s needs, expectations and individual differences
h. Is gentle and calm with consumers and families
5. Administrative and Other Related Duties as Assigned:
a. Actively participates in Performance Improvement activities
b. Actively participates in AltaPointe committees as required
c. Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner
d. Follows AltaPointe policies and procedures
e. Attends appropriate in-services training and other workshops
AltaPointe Health Systems, Inc. - 23 months ago
AltaPointe Health Systems, Inc. oversees a community-based, regional system of mental health, substance abuse and intellectual disability...