GTM Sportswear is seeking an energetic individual to join our team as an Inside Sport Sales Representative . This is an individual who have a passion for sports and who is looking for a fun and rewarding career working with athletes and coaches in the sports industry. Inside Sport Sales Representatives are responsible for selling and /or servicing accounts - primarily by phone during regular business hours. Responsible for promotion of products through various channels - i.e. direct mail, email , web and other company established avenues. Will work directly with Outside Sales Representatives, Inside Sales Team and Support team to grow an assigned area. Duties include, but not limited to servicing incoming & outgoing sales calls, gaining new accounts & expanding the existing accounts, recommending appropriate products based on customer needs, and building relationships with clientele. Occasional travel and additional hours are required to promote products at coach’s clinics and conventions. Requires someone to be highly organized, motivated, self-starter, and enthusiastic with strong verbal communication skills. Knowledge of the sports markets is a plus
- Proactively collaborates with Inside and Outside Sales Representatives and Support team to build solid relationships with customers in the Outsides Representative’s selling area.
- Prospects for new business. Provides complete and timely follow-up on all qualified leads.
- Stays connected with current customers and identifies key accounts. Communicates effectively (both verbal and written) with key accounts on a regular basis.
- Builds and maintains a positive working relationship with customers through excellent customer service.
- Stays current and knowledgeable on all GTM products.
- Establishes sales pipeline and opportunities.
- Stays current with email and all correspondence. Uses Yammer for idea sharing.
- Consistently drives for results by communicating effectively amongst all team members.
- Stays logged into phone system often (minus time for lunch break); handles inbound calls.
- Ensures all customer data is kept current and accurate via prescribed software and/or paperwork filing systems.
- Sells products at established prices or established mark-ups unless an exception is approved by the manager.
- Maintains a consistent level of touches according to sales plan.
- Meets or exceeds established goals as decided upon by the representative and manager.
- Delegates appropriate details and orders to support team.
- Writes orders when needed.
- Works with all departments, and all employees to uphold company values of: Player, Team and Winning.
- Upholds and contributes to GTM’s service goals by making “service personal” for every customer during every interaction and process.
- Lead by example by actively supporting our vision and mission statement.
- Provides training and assistance to new team members as needed.
- Completes position specific training plan, and engages in continuous development utilizing a developmental plan.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or two years of sales-related work experience.
- 6 months to 1 year of related sales experienced preferred.
- Superior interpersonal, written, communication, and organizational skills
- Comfortable with a team-based work structure; ability to remain flexible to change within the work environment and scope of responsibility.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) CRM Tools preferred.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as being coachable.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to fast paced environment.
GTM Sportswear - 23 months ago