The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training. From pipefitters to accountants, scientists to engineers, doctors to nurses-the careers and opportunities to make a difference are endless. Civilian careers-where purpose and patriotism unite!
Experience the wonderful opportunity to live and work in Guam! This clinical child/adolescent psychologist is attached to the Mental Health Department located at U.S. Naval Hospital Guam. This position provides a wide range of outpatient clinical services to children and adolescents ages 3 to 18 who are dependents of active duty military personnel, retired service members, and other Tricare beneficiaries in Guam area. The services include initial evaluations, crisis intervention, psychosocial evaluations, psychological testing, educational advocacy, and individual, family and group psychotherapy, as well as educational classes for the parents; all within the context of a multidisciplinary medical model team. Serves an educational role with psychiatry residents and doctoral psychology interns. KEY REQUIREMENTS
You must be a US Citizen.
Must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal & Regulatory Guidance.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) may or may not be authorized.
Selectee may be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
This position is a drug-testing designated position (TDP).
If claiming Veterans Preference you must attach the supporting documents. DUTIES:
A typical day in the life of a Clinical Psychologist!
- Conduct psychological evaluations. Conduct outpatient evaluations, record case formulations, review school records, establish Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV) diagnosis, and plan clinical interventions including family and school recommendations.
- Conduct individual, family, and group psychotherapy. Plan and conduct individual, family and group treatment interventions as agreed upon with the multidisciplinary team or as directed by the Head, Mental Health Unit.
- Conduct psychological testing. Conduct psychological test batteries as deem appropriate based on relevant school, family, and clinical information or as requested by the multidisciplinary team.
- Attend conferences, meetings, and training.
- Administration. Generate and maintain a variety of clinical records and reports in keeping with pre-established criteria.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
POSITIVE EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS : This position has a Positive Education Requirement. In order to verify that you meet the positive education qualifications for this position, you must submit a complete copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (Course title, semester/quarter hours and grade). Failure to submit this information will result in an ineligible rating . You must submit your transcripts or list of college courses through the "Application Manger" or by fax. These are the only methods in which transcripts can be submitted. Failure to provide this information will result in an ineligible rating. (Instructions can be found under the "How to Apply" section.)
BASIC REQUIREMENTS : All applicants must meet the following basic requirements:
1. Completion of all of the requirements for a doctoral degree (Ph.D, Psy.D, or equivalent) directly related to full professional work in clinical psychology. Y ou must submit a copy of your college transcript. Your resume will not be considered if you fail to provide.
2. Completion of a one year psychology clinical internship training program that is APA accredited or is judged fully equivalent. Make sure your resume reflects the location, duration (beginning and ending dates including month and year), and specialty of the completed internship. If your resume does not reflect you possess this internship experience, your resume will not be considered. If your psychology clinical internship training program is not APA accredited it will be your responsibility to demonstrate your training program's equivalence.
AND 3. Must hold an active, current, unrestricted license as a Psychologist by the recognized licensing agency of a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam or the US Virgin Islands. Please make sure your resume list the type of licensure you possess and from where it was obtained and most recent date it was awarded. If your resume does not reflect you possess, your resume will not be considered .
In addition to the above basic requirements, applicants must possess the following specialized experience. Applicant must have one or more years of progressively related experience. Examples of experience includes experience as a licensed Clinical Psychologist providing psychological evaluations, psychological testing, and clinical treatment to children and adolescents ages 3 to 18 years of age with mental health conditions.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
Are you using your education to qualify? For positions requiring positive education requirements , or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements , you must submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) . See OPM's General Policies for information on crediting education .
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the qualification requirements if the applicant can provide documentation indicating that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide such evidence when applying f or further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
SPECIAL POSITION CONSIDERATIONS:
- Selectee is required to participate in the Department of Defense direct deposit of pay program.
- In accordance with Executive Order 12564, applicants selected are required to submit to a drug test and receive a negative drug test result prior to appointment. In addition, this position is a drug-testing designated position (TDP) subject to random testing for illegal drug use.
- Obtain and maintain a favorable result from a State Criminal History Repository check is required.
- Consent to a mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination is required.
- Must obtain a Hepatitis B immunization unless medically contraindicated or exempted by document religious preference.
- A security clearance is a requirement of this position. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a position offer or removal. If you possess a security clearance, please indicate the level and termination date in your resume.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Passport.
- Current basic life support (BLS) certification is required.
- Hiring incentive is being authorized.
- Licensure, Certification or Registration is required.
When the application process is complete, we will review your r esume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire , along with your supporting documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities/competencies:
- The tour length for this overseas location is 2 years. Extension (s) up to a maximum of 5 years is possible, however, extensions are not guaranteed and no promise of an extension is implied.
- Return rights within Navy are mandatory.
- Job placement options back to the U.S. upon completion of overseas employment may be authorized if candidate is initially selected from the U.S.
- This overseas position is subject to the Department of Defense Rotation Policy.
- Home leave is accrued at the rate of 15 days per year for ELIGIBLE employees. Home leave may only be granted after completion of 24 months continuous service abroad. Carryover of 360 hours of annual leave is authorized.
- Home leave, a special paid leave to be taken in the U.S. may be authorized if candidate is initially selected from the U.S.
- Non-Foreign Post Differential (PD) is authorized. NFPD provides added compensation to eligible employees stationed where environment, physical security, and living conditions are substantially different from those in the continental United States. NFPD is taxable.
- Government quarters are provided at an out of pocket charge to the employee.
- Concurrent transportation of dependents is authorized.
- Non-temporary storage (NTS) is authorized. NTS at government expense may be authorized for a period not to exceed the length of the tour of duty in this overseas area.
- Shipment of household goods (HHG) to this area is authorized. (NTS and HHGs shipment combined cannot exceed 18,000 pounds)
- One privately owned vehicle may be shipped at government expense.
- Real Estate expenses are not authorized.
- Relocation allowances may be offered.
- If you are recruited from the U.S., your dependents may be eligible to attend DoD schools free of charge. Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) students' average test scores were higher than the national average for the 2008 TerraNova Multiple Assessments, 2nd Edition.
- Selectee who currently reside outside the non-foreign area will be eligible for non-foreign allowances (as applicable), transportation agreement and payment of travel expenses (in accordance with the Joint Travel Regulations Vol II)
- A sponsor will be appointed at the time of selection to provide more specific information.
- Military Base hospital, exchange, commissary facilities are available locally and they are located 10 miles away.
- Information on Guam: http://guampedia.com/ HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be rated under Category Rating procedures based on the extent to which your experience meets the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for the position and rated as shown below. Additional points are not added for veterans preference; however, preference is still applied. A pplicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories:
Best Qualified- Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for announced position.
Highly Qualified- Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for announced position.
Qualified - Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for announced position.
If, after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment. BENEFITS:
Department of the Navy offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays and a 401K-type retirement plan. OTHER INFORMATION:
This Position is subject to Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
This announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
The Department of the Navy uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Federal Annuitant Information:
The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.public.navy.mil/donhr/Employment/CivJobOpps/Documents/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Eligible:
ICTAP applicants must be well qualified for the position to receive consideration for special priority selection. A well-qualified ICTAP applicant is one whose knowledge, skills, and abilities clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements; however, the individual would not necessarily be considered highly or best qualified. For more information about ICTAP eligibility please review the following link: http://www.public.navy.mil/donhr/Employment/CivJobOpps/Documents/ICTAP_Statement.pdf
Military Spouse Preference (MSP):
Veterans Preference Information:
Imagine working with the most awe-inspiring equipment and technology the world has ever seen. Making your living as a rescue swimmer or...