Primary responsibilities are to generate leads for recruiting prospective students and for marketing DeVry University’s management education programs. Makes calls to businesses to develop student referrals and to present DeVry’s management training and development programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Secures prospective student leads by effectively selling DeVry educational products to business leaders who could refer prospective students or could purchase business-training programs.
- Creates and conducts presentations for businesses and organizations to ensure the opportunity for developing student leads and marketing business training programs.
- Identifies companies’ educational needs and investigates sales opportunities through detailed knowledge of their business strategy.
- Cultivates strong relationships with business leaders to further develop new business and retain existing student referral programs.
- Follows-up with companies to transform contacts and relationships into student leads, referrals, and business training opportunities.
- Stays current with trends and initiatives within the educational industry, gathers and communicates strategic information and recommends marketing changes or modifications, as appropriate.
- Plans and achieves new business targets and introduces the DeVry story to business prospects and the business community.
- Produces activity reports on a weekly basis in a clear and concise format.
- Efficiently administers files, reports and other paperwork as required and maintains the lead generation database.
- Participates in civic affairs, community and business organizations in order to promote a positive image of DeVry and to obtain leads for student recruitment.
- Develops and attends lead generating activities with local businesses and organizations. May also work career fairs, trade shows and conferences for purpose of establishing lead generation contacts and to present DeVry’s educational and business training products.
- Develops and implements appropriate personal objectives which support DeVry’s objectives and overall business plan.
- Maintains full knowledge of DeVry’s curriculum and training courses so as to be able to fully explain all offerings and to make them available to new customers.
- Uses all approved marketing and recruiting tools to get the DeVry products in front of the business community and prospective students.
- Coordinates and prepares product mailings to the business community for the purpose of student lead generation and selling business training programs.
- Maintains ongoing communications with business referral sources to ensure the continued production of leads and to stimulate new business opportunities.
- Coordinates lead generation efforts with the Admissions department to ensure that all leads are fully developed.
- Knows the importance of the student start rate goals for each term and uses effort, ingenuity and resourcefulness in meeting the Admissions Department student enrollment objectives.
- Participates as a team member of the campuses Admissions department by understanding team dynamics, rules and principles; works diligently and willingly towards the department’s goals and objectives.
- Utilizes competent administrative skills by getting lead generation tasks done on time and within budget; maintains lead generation records and completes all standard reports and ad hoc reports, when needed, on time.
- Knows and applies the fundamental Admissions concepts, practices and procedures.
- Commits the time, work effort and job skills to achieve the enrollment goals and objectives for each school term (semester).
- Performs special projects and related duties as required by Admissions management.
- Adheres to laws and regulations governing student recruitment activities as well as the DeVry Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in sales/marketing or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of successful experience in outside B2B and managing a sales process required.
- Highly motivated, self-driven, result-oriented, strategic, logical and methodical thinker.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be able to inspire loyalty and trust and must be flexible and adaptable.
- Must be a team player, willing to share and exchange.
- Must have the ability to make ethical decisions, doing what is always best for the students as well as the organization.
- Travel with overnight stay may be required.
- Business professional dress is required.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
As one of the largest degree-granting higher education systems in North America, DeVry University provides high-quality, career-oriented...