Responsible for providing senior-level support and oversight for CRL sites in North America related to planning, reporting and review of internal controls (including Sarbanes Oxley) as well as providing technical oversight and guidance on internal controls best practices alignedwith group policies, rulesand regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for working with Corporate Department staff, Internal Audit, Business Unit Management/Finance or other departments as necessary in support of improving and streamlining processes for compliance with Internal Control related regulations.
- Ensure that all business units processes are well established and in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and Company policies to achieve effectiveness and efficiency of operations and the reliability of financial reporting.
- Facilitate the process for the ongoing review and updating of internal controls and related documentation for all sites excluding North America.
- Assist Operations and Financial personnel with the design of internal controls to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and company policies.
- Provide oversight and technical support and guidance to ensure that the company’s financial controls and supporting records are prepared in accordance with company policies, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Provide general and technical guidance relating to internal controls to Operations and Finance personnel.
- Coordinate with internal audit, external audit and third party contractors (as applicable) to schedule internal control and other audit related reviews.
- Communicate regularly with Operations and Finance personnel, internal audit, external audit and third party contractors used for audit and internal control related reviews to understand identified deficiencies and develop cost-effective solutions.
- Monitor and report deficiencies and status of the remediation process.
- Coordinate proposed remediation steps with Internal Audit and process owners to ensure identified risks are properly mitigated.
- Maintain and monitor the automated systems in support of Internal Controls efforts.
- Monitor and report the Company’s public auditor’s progress for assigned sites.
- Assist with management of the company’s internal control framework and with the annual review and reporting of deficiencies and observations provided by both internal and external audit.
- Support and affirm company policies and practices.
- Perform special projects and other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in accounting or related discipline. Masters degree in Business Administration or Finance is beneficial.
- Experience: Four to six years of directly-related experience in both public and private accounting with a combination of at least one to two years of and internal control and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: CPA preferred.
- Other: None.
Charles River Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in the workplace.
Charles River Laboratories - 2 years ago
Chickens and rats have an important part to play in Charles River Laboratories International's specialty portfolio of medical products....