Wireless Systems/Algorithms Engineer
Come join Intel Labs; Intel's premier research group!
Within Intel Labs, the Integrated Platforms Research Lab is a group of researchers dedicated to driving flexible platform integration, SoC architecture enablers, wireless, as well as digital, analog and physical design factors for Intel. As a Wireless Systems/Algorithms Engineer, you will join a team of Systems, Hardware, Firmware and Software design and verification researchers to develop a break through wireless processing engine for future Intel integrated products. Your focus will be on optimal algorithm design, implementation and verification of next generation Broadband Cellular and Connectivity Modems; 3GPP LTE Release 10/11 and beyond as well as legacy 3GPP and connectivity protocols are among the protocols of interest.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Design and development of advanced MAC and PHY algorithms and techniques for 3GPP LTE Release 10/11 and beyond
- Tracking standards development and providing the team with guidance on latest protocol details
- Interfacing with, and technology transfer to, product groups
- Contributing to the architecture and development of link-level and system-level simulation tools and evaluation methodologies for LTE
The ideal candidate should exhibit behavioral traits that indicate:
- Excellent communication as well as documentation and writing skills
- Strong analytical thought process
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through relevant previous job and/research experiences.
- Must have a PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar technical discipline
- Minimum 4 years of experience with wireless MAC/PHY concept development (including intellectual property development and filing), system and algorithm design
- Minimum 4 years of experience with LTE link-level and system-level simulations and implementations using C/C++ and Mat lab
- Minimum 4 years of experience with wireless networks such as 3GPP (focus on LTE) and IEEE 802.1
- 5+ years of experience in the above skill sets
- 5+ years of experience with state-of-the-art carrier aggregation, downlink and uplink control signal and MIMO algorithms and techniques for 3GPP LTE
USA-California, Santa Clara
Feb 14, 2013
Apr 16, 2013
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.
Full title of position: Wireless Systems/Algorithms Engineer
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 2 years ago
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...