Product Manager - Personal Lines Insurance
Job ID # : 4112 Location: Worcester, MA
Functional Area : Product Management SBU: 79600 - Personal Lines Home Office
Position Type : Full - Time
Education Required : Bachelors Degree
Experience Required : More than 10 years
Relocation Provided : No
The Hanover Insurance Group currently has an opening for a Product Manager, Personal Lines to join the Product Management team in our Worcester, MA office. The Product Manager helps manage the Auto and Home product lines to achieve target financial and growth objectives. This role includes the development of new products, modifying existing products and maintenance of current products based upon financial results and customer acceptance. Helps manage the implementation and administration processes for all product initiatives.
Hanover Insurance is a winning company comprised of outstanding professionals focused on a single vision: to be the very best in our business. At The Hanover you will have the opportunity to: Grow Your Career, Love What You Do and Be Valued for Your Contributions.
Apply today and discover:
- Why, in 2010 and 2011, we were recognized by The Boston Globe as a Top Places to Work and by Business Insurance as a Best Places to Work.
- How we continue to grow stronger through acquisitions, increased product offerings and unparalleled credit rating agency upgrades in the industry.
- How we build unique relationships with our Employees, Agent Partners and Customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Lead research and analysis of new product ideas and interprets results. Works with management to evaluate the cost/benefit of market opportunities and new initiatives.
- Develop new product ideas and move them through the Product Development Life Cycle (PDLC) keeping product sponsors updated.
- May serve as a key contact for developing and implementing new products or administrative practices specific to the product line.
- Provide direction and strategic perspective on product initiatives.
- Monitor competition to ensure viability of existing product line.
- Provide prioritization on product related issues to internal areas to include technology, legal and state-filing units.
- Act as a product line expert and maintain a thorough knowledge of company product features and benefits as well as industry product trends. Provide product expertise to various internal areas to include sales, marketing, service and finance.
- Assists in developing and delivery of information for training and product promotion to home office and external distribution. Provides specialized product training on new products and features.
- Favorable relationships are developed and maintained with State Managers, Pricing, Personal Lines R&D, Product Analysts, Operations, Technology, Marketing, Insurance Departments, and others with whom this position interacts.
- 8+ years Property & Casualty experience; Homeowners and/or Auto required. Product Management or LOB management experience strongly preferred-
- Strong technical knowledge with respect to policy forms, coverages and coverage language, pricing, etc.
- Market awareness of competitive conditions and legal and regulatory guidelines throughout the United States.
- Broad understanding of product, underwriting and distribution and how each impacts the other.
- Exceptional analytical skills with a strong ability to synthesize data into actionable recommendations.
- High degree of personal organization and time management skills; Ability to work autonomously and in a self-directed manner and manage multiple ongoing projects
- Bachelor’s degree required. Insurance designations/certificates desired.
Benefits To Joining The Hanover Team :
· Competitive Pay and Benefits
· Retirement/401(k) Program
· Beneficiary and Ability Assist Programs
· Travel Assistance Program
· Adoption Benefit
· Wellness Programs
· Matching Education Gifts Plan
· Employee Development/Education Assistance and Professional/Industry Designation Programs
· Generous "Time Off With Pay"
The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. (NYSE: THG), based in Worcester, Mass., is the holding company for a group of insurers that includes The Hanover Insurance Company, also based in Worcester; Citizens Insurance Company of America, headquartered in Howell, Mich., and their affiliates. The Hanover offers a wide range of property and casualty products and services to individuals, families and businesses through an extensive network of independent agents, and has been meeting its obligations to its agent partners and their customers for more than 150 years. Taken as a group, The Hanover ranks among the top 40 property and casualty insurers in the United States.
The Hanover Insurance Group provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. The Company is committed to maintaining an environment in which all employees are treated equitably and given the opportunity to achieve their full potential in the workplace.
The Hanover Insurance Group does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. The Hanover Insurance Group will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed "Employment Agency Agreement" already on file with Human Resources - The Office of Talent Management.
The Hanover Insurance Group - 13 months ago