We have a terrific opportunity for a MySQL Database Administrator. Help us shard, partition, replicate, optimize, and snapshot backup our production game databases which are hundreds of gigabytes in size.
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Design, build, and maintain high-throughput database systems.
- Development of the player and item database systems.
- Architect systems for scalability, reliability, and performance.
- Proactively conduct performance tests, identify bottlenecks
- Collaborate with game, hardware, and system operations teams to solve problems. Qualifications
- A deep understanding of database systems and the factors that affect distributed system performance
- Minimum 4 years experience developing and administering database infrastructure for mission critical applications.
- Strong SQL skills and experience writing stored procedures
- Experience engineering high-availability systems with 99% uptime
- Thorough knowledge of current hardware systems, RAID and disk subsystems commonly used in fault tolerant production environments
- Ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve live database systems issues without service interruption
- Appreciation for and technical understanding of key-value and document data storage systems, and in which scenarios they are and are not appropriate.
If you are top-notch talent and want to join a growing company that only hires the best, we are eager to speak with you. In addition to a competitive salary, commensurate with your experience and skill set, Smart Bomb offer a fun, casual working environment, medical benefits, 401(k), Paid Time Off, and the promise of working on the cutting edge of interactive media.
In addition to a competitive salary, commensurate with your experience and skill set. Smart Bomb offer a fun, casual working environment, medical benefits, and the promise of working on the cutting edge of interactive media.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Smart Bomb Interactive - 11 months ago