We have a terrific opportunity for a MySQL Database Administrator. Help us shard, partition, replicate, optimize, and snapshot backup our production game databases which are hundreds of gigabytes in size.
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Design, build, and maintain high-throughput database systems.
- Development of the player and item database systems.
- Architect systems for scalability, reliability, and performance.
- Proactively conduct performance tests, identify bottlenecks
- Collaborate with game, hardware, and system operations teams to solve problems. Qualifications
- A deep understanding of database systems and the factors that affect distributed system performance
- Minimum 4 years experience developing and administering database infrastructure for mission critical applications.
- Strong SQL skills and experience writing stored procedures
- Experience engineering high-availability systems with 99% uptime
- Thorough knowledge of current hardware systems, RAID and disk subsystems commonly used in fault tolerant production environments
- Ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve live database systems issues without service interruption
- Appreciation for and technical understanding of key-value and document data storage systems, and in which scenarios they are and are not appropriate.
If you are top-notch talent and want to join a growing company that only hires the best, we are eager to speak with you. In addition to a competitive salary, commensurate with your experience and skill set, Smart Bomb offer a fun, casual working environment, medical benefits, 401(k), Paid Time Off, and the promise of working on the cutting edge of interactive media.
In addition to a competitive salary, commensurate with your experience and skill set. Smart Bomb offer a fun, casual working environment, medical benefits, and the promise of working on the cutting edge of interactive media.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.