Plum Creek is the United States' largest private land owner! We're listed on the S&P 500, located in 19 states and our various business groups include professionals in forestry, real estate, land management, manufacturing, accounting, human resources, legal, and IT. Our 70 person-distributed IT team is driven and passionate about their desire to deploy technology and initiatives which help our businesses achieve Plum Creek's goals nationwide.
We have an opening for an IT Business Analyst / Project Manager located in Athens, Georgia, a vibrant and cultural university town, one hour east of Atlanta and close to the North Georgia Mountains. This community has a population of 115,000 and offers excellent education and recreational opportunities.
Plum Creek has a collaborative, team centric, execution oriented culture focused on delivery. Plum Creek values strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills in addition to strong technical skills. We look for motivated people interested in identifying and championing new ideas and technologies that add value. We strive to have a good balance between career and personal life and between cutting edge and proven technology.
As a member of the 12 person Application Management Team , you will add value through business analysis, project management and delivery of information systems for Plum Creek’s real estate, recreational lease, land management, and energy and renewable resources businesses. As a member of the overall Plum Creek IT group, you will work in a collaborative, customer focused, dynamic and fast paced learning environment with an emphasis on continuous quality improvements to our service and processes.
To be successful, you must be interested in exploring and developing a deep understanding of the Company’s business processes and the information systems that support those processes. This position will collaborate with the business line functional lead in the development of business cases, project charters, process definitions, and functional requirements. You will have primary responsibility for the functional design phase and the associated business process documentation and functional design specifications.
You will be continually challenged to expand your knowledge and skills in business process analysis and design, project management, and database. Your growth will be facilitated by opportunities to collaborate with other Analysts, other IT team members, self-study, and external training.
As an IT Business Analyst / Project Manager , you will:
- Work closely with the business line to understand business strategy.
- Build productive working relationships with customers. Listen and respond to customer needs.
- Develop knowledge of and document business processes (e.g., legal and real estate transactions, recreational lease transactions, land valuation).
- Partner with customers and technical staff to identify and define business requirements for enhancements.
- Translate business requirements into documented functional design specifications.
- Develop test and implementation plans. Coordinate, conduct, and document system testing and implementation activities.
- Train, develop, coach, mentor functional users to continuously improve their technology skills and the value received from technology tools.
- Serve as a project manager on small-to-medium sized projects.
- Understand, practice and improve Plum Creek’s processes, best practices and standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Minimum of three years of progressive, relevant information technology experience required.
- Solid experience in business process analysis and design, project management, and customer relationship management preferred.
- Experience implementing both packaged and custom-developed systems preferred.
- Experience in one or more of the following industry areas are considered a plus: real estate, timber resource management, land development, land valuation, GIS.
- Conduct business process analysis and document functional designs.
- Execute a systems development methodology and manage IT projects from beginning to end.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities concurrently.
- Facilitate and manage knowledge sharing.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to all levels of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Exceptional organizational abilities and customer service skills.
- Proven ability to operate and effectively communicate while under pressure; as well as the ability to manage a diverse workload and work under time constraints with minimal supervision.
Plum Creek wants to attract and keep the best people -- the team who drives our business success. That is why we offer superior performers opportunities for compensation that is in the top 25% for our marketplace. Your benefits package from Plum Creek consists of a comprehensive range of benefits including Healthcare coverage, Health and Dependent Daycare Funds, Life and Disability protection, Saving and Retirements benefits, Paid Time Off, and more. Paid relocation may be available.
Salary: $57,100 - $75,700 + up to 22% Bonus potential
For more information about Plum Creek, please visit our web site at: www.plumcreek.com . Plum Creek is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is not open to agencies or 3rd party recruiters. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Plum Creek - 18 months ago
Plum Creek is one of the largest private landowners in the United States, with 6.7 million acres and over 40 offices from coast-to-coast. We...