Plans, directs, and coordinates the maintenance and engineering functions for all company facilities and equipment. Provides justification, implementation and interpretation on ongoing maintenance programs as well as related manufacturing improvements projects.
• Researches and implements advanced technology in the area of tooling, mechanisms, and automation to reduce the cost of manufacturing.
• Organizes and develops comprehensive cost estimates for various plant applications. Evaluates and analyses the design of each application to determine the most economical and functional systems, methods, and procedures for manufacturing equipment facilities.
• Develops, manages, and maintains assigned staff in order to attain the required objectives. Compensates, motivates, and disciplines subordinates in accordance with policies and procedures. Conducts merit reviews on a timely basis.
• Provides assistance on major products such as expansion of facilities, acquisition and installation of capital equipment, major repairs and overhauls, plant layout changes, and other related matters to the best economic advantage and schedule.
• Coordinates activities with R&D in the transition of new or rebuilt equipment and processes to the production floor.
• Purchases all parts, contracts, and equipment used to maintain the buildings, grounds, and equipment.
• Manifests hazardous wastes and assures the proper handling and disposal of this material.
• Maintains compliance with all federal and state regulations in regards to air, water and chemicals.
• Administers the safety and health functions at the plant level to ensure that an effective accident prevention program is maintained and that appropriate measures are taken to comply with company, state, federal, and related safety policies and directives.
• Obtains quotes and coordinates with vendors, suppliers, and outside contractors on the installation of equipment and/or repair projects.
• Formulates and implements an effective preventative maintenance program.
• Supervises and expedites emergency repairs necessary to minimize costly downtime and to maintain production schedules.
• Supervises inventories of machine replacement parts, materials, and supplies to see that they are maintained at proper levels.
• Insures compliance with applicable laws and regulations issued by OSHA, EPA, and other agencies as they relate to the installation and repair of machinery and facilities.
• Establishes, with direction from operation personnel, priorities of all maintenance activities through work order procedure.
• Monitors completion of maintenance projects to ensure that safety and quality standards are met.
• Approves all requisitions relating to new and replacement parts, supplies, machinery, and equipment for the maintenance department.
• Supervises the activities of all grounds maintenance, insuring that acceptable and proper levels of aesthetic appearance are maintained throughout all company facilities and grounds.
• Trains and directly supervises maintenance of employees of varying skills and abilities (including electrical, carpentry, and mechanical; includes reviewing performance, maintaining discipline, resolving conflicts, scheduling overtime).
• Oversees the maintenance and inspection of records for all plant operating systems, i.e. fire, heating, air conditioning, and utilities.
• Provides technical knowledge and expertise to solve problems of a mechanical, electrical, or hydraulic/pneumatic nature.
• Prepares and forwards all required management reports.
• Completes cost justification reports for the purchase of new equipment.
• Conducts continuous study projects on existing manufacturing standards to effect cost reductions through the use of advanced engineering concepts and manufacturing innovations.
• Analyses and investigates manufacturing processes to detect areas of excessive expenditures. Determine causes, and recommends effective corrective procedures.
• Prepares periodic or special reports on manufacturing costs, causes of variances, machine and tooling cost data, anticipated cost reductions and savings, and related matters for management information and analysis.
• Reviews and updates documents, routing sheets, equipment lists, and layouts for the manufacturing operation.
• Designs and develops specifications on tools, fixtures, and equipment for manufacturing processes.
• Provides vendor contact/surveillance for tools, fixtures, and equipment to determine cost effectiveness of proposed product and process improvement.
• Assists in developing comprehensive cost estimates for company products. Evaluates and analyses the design of each part to determine the most economical methods and procedures for manufacturing.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
Education: Requires a bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Master’s degree and specialized training in applicable trade skills and project management preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 5-8 years related experience
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications: Fully Bilingual (English/Spanish -Basic conversational skills, reading comprehension skills and basic writing skills). Must have comprehensive knowledge of machine operation, material, and tooling. Requires wide range of knowledge in diversified machining processes. Must have supervisory capacity. Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to define problems collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram from and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Must have good communication skills, at all levels of the organization.
Angiotech is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/
Surgical Specialties Corporation - 15 months ago
For over 30 years, Surgical Specialties Corporation has consistently provided surgeons with innovative products of the highest quality.