QuarterLine provides professional health care staffing services to military hospitals and health clinics across the United States. We are currently seeking a full-time Physician Assistant at Whiteman Air Force Base in Knob Noster, Missouri.
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
The Physician Assistant will generally work between the hours of 7:30am and 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
- Provides primary or specialty medical care with the cognizance or supervision of a physician.
- Responsible for a regularly appointed clinic, compatible with workload and, in addition, provide immediate evaluation and management of emergent problems as they occur. Shall have the capability to: Collect and record, in proper format, medical and social historical data appropriate to the patient's condition.
- Perform a general physical examination.
- May become the primary care manager for a panel of patients.
- As a PCM, will be the primary person responsible for the management of the health and wellness of assigned patients.
- Duties include: Examination of patients, formulation differential diagnostic plans, defines and orders required diagnostic testing.
- Interpretation of examination findings and test results, and implementation of treatment plans.
- Determines need for consultation and assists in medical care and treatment provided at the direction of other specialists.
- Approving/disapproving subspecialty referrals.
- Answering patient telephone consults with the assistance of clinic staff.
- Providing primary and secondary preventive maintenance care.
- Admit inpatients as per the local MTF instructions.
- Recognize those more complicated cases, initiate treatment (if appropriate), and refer to a higher level of medical expertise for diagnosis and/or treatment.
- Plan and initiate proper treatment within defined privileges and the scope of practice of the facility.
- Identify and report those situations and individual cases which have public health significance and carry out effective control measures.
- Clearly communicate to other health personnel either orally or in writing the findings, diagnosis, and planned treatment regimen.
- Stabilize and manage a patient in a medical or surgical emergency and/or transfer to physician care.
- Determine appropriate means of evacuation of emergency patients, prepare patients for evacuation, and arrange for evacuation support.
- Perform the following blocks: Digital, Local Infiltration, and Intercostal Perform urological procedures.
- Maintain inpatient and outpatient medical records in accordance with MTF procedures.
Education. Be a graduate Physician Assistant qualified by academic and practical education to provide patient services as a physician extender under supervision of a physician. Be a graduate of a Physician Assistant Training Program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA), or its predecessors, and acceptable to the Surgeon General, USAF, is mandatory.
Certification. Certification as a Physician Assistant by the National Committee on Certification Physician Assistants (NCCPA) is required.
Experience. Have at least 24 months of experience as a Physician Assistant within the last 36 months.
QuarterLine is a healthcare professional services company providing a wide range of health solutions and insights to public and private...