- Refer to Job Summary for Qualifications
JOB SUMMARY Altru Health System is committed to achieving Organizational Excellence and expects each employee to actively participate in the achievement of the departmental goals associated with the 5 Pillars of Excellence – Service, Quality, People, Finance and Growth.
The Nursing Assistant I preps procedure trays; prints envelops and sends out pap smear results and reminder letters; assists with ordering of supplies for unit and stocks the clean utility rooms; monitors and records refrigerator temps; assists providers as a chaperone; collects data from the patient and/or family on the patient’s individual and educational needs; identifies changes in patient’s condition and communicates these changes to the nurse immediately; performs procedures according to physician order and nursing delegation; assists physicians or other professionals with procedures; performs personal cares and comforts; transports and/or transfers patients within or outside of the facility; demonstrates knowledge of location, set-up, use and cleaning of basic equipment; completes all documentation; processes patient charge items and completes order entry and verification; maintains a clean and orderly physical environment; performs fundamental nursing skills, tasks and treatments and collects, documents and relays to the nurse the effectiveness of and response to nursing care, procedures, tasks, treatment and teaching each shift. Patients cared for include infants, children, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED :
• High school diploma or the equivalent.
• Registration by the North Dakota State Department of Health as a Certified Nursing Assistant or
• Registration by North Dakota State Department of Health as a Nurse Aide or
• Those who have in the past never been licensed or certified as a Nurse Aide or Certified Nursing Assistant may obtain registration by the North Dakota State Department of Health within the first four (4) months of employment.
• Successful completion of the functional assessment.
• Previous experience in a health care setting.
Altru Health System - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -