Our Client is seeking a Principal Oracle Database Engineer. As a Senior DB Software Engineer you will design, write, and maintain database applications for a large and complex cross-platform application, serving as the back-end for our automotive content-delivery and account/subscription-maintenance software. You will be expected to be a source of technical leadership for the team. You will adopt flexible and agile development processes so as to speed up the development cycle. You will work closely with other software developers, quality assurance, and program management to design and produce quality software that meets specifications. We are looking for self-disciplined, customer-oriented developers who are excited about shipping software for wide use. You will be working on the database portion of our automotive connected services platform, handling data and identity aggregation. In addition to in-database processing, we expose and maintain a stored procedure API for use by other services.
- Designs and develops complex Oracle PL/SQL logic and code with assistance of business experts to implement defined functionality.
- Authors software design documents.
- Performs unit tests on developed code.
- Follows coding standards (and/or style of existing code where appropriate) and current processes
- Interacts with stake-holders when necessary to solicit requirements.
- Mentors co-workers
- Participates in continued education within Oracle and job related technologies
- Is aware of existing and upcoming database technologies, and is prepared to introduce these to the team.
- Bachelors or Graduate University degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 10 years’ experience as a Senior PL/SQL Developer designing, developing, debugging, and tuning Oracle database applications; Oracle 10g/11g experience preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle SQL and database applications, including design, development, debugging and tuning skills.
- Experience with one or more PL/SQL development tools such as SQL*Developer or Toad and must be able to function from the command line/SQL-Plus prompt as well.
- Experience creating DDL scripts for various database objects
- Knowledge of Oracle concepts:
- Scoping rules for packages, procedures, and functions.
- Role-based security as well as definer rights vs invoker rights
- Pipeline functions, global temporary tables, ref cursors, user defined types, and schema object dependencies.
- Solid understanding of the different Oracle table and index structures, views and oracle context.
- Discrete and autonomous transactions.
- Oracle Analytics.
- Must have a solid understanding of interaction between SQL scripts, OS shell scripts in both windows and UNIX.
- Good UNIX/Linux and PC skills required, including use of:
- One or more UNIX/Linux shell scripting languages (sh, ksh, csh, bash, etc.)
- ssh, scp, sftp, tar, sed, grep, vi
- awk, , emacs, cron, at (desired)
- Subversion (SVN) and interfaces to it through either the command line or tools such as Jenkins, Tortise SVN, Eclipse
- Experience with Postgres is a huge plus
- Knowledge of XML
- Experience with XML DB
- Knowledge of OLTP environments
- Experience with Oracle RAC, Replication, Streams environments
- Experience working with Oracle Enterprise Edition environment