Working under general supervision, responsible for providing advanced technical support, systems administration and oversight for high-end to midrange UNIX systems and advanced storage management (SAN) for Information Technology.
- Either Bachelor's degree plus 4 years of experience or 8 years of total experience
- UNIX experience and Storage Management with larger SAN systems.
- Experience with shell and kernel-level programming.
- Experience with IBM P-series servers, IBM Storage Volume Controller (SVC), SAN fabric switches, TSM, Backup Tape Libraries and IBM ProtecTIER.
- Experience supporting various versions of UNIX/LINUX, AIX and Solaris operating systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot midrange servers.
- Experience with IBM's XIV SAN.
- IBM certifications for AIX, SVC/XIV.
- Advanced Expertise in IBM SAN Management including XIV, SVC, ProtecTIER, and Brocade switches.
- Ability to manage UNIX host systems running Solaris, AIX, Suse, RedHat and Ubuntu operating systems
- Ability to develop and modify OS scripts for monitoring and alerting on system events.
Unix/Storage Systems Administrator, UNIX, Storage Management, SAN systems, shell and kernel-level programming, IBM P-series servers, IBM Storage Volume Controller (SVC), SAN fabric switches, TSM, Backup Tape Libraries, IBM ProtecTIER
UNIX/LINUX, AIX, and Solaris operating systems, jobs, Hershey, Hershey Medical Center
Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center - 14 months ago
The Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is Central Pennsylvania's only academic medical center and home to Penn State Children's Hospital and...