Payroll Manager-New Berlin/Port Washington
This position is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely processing and payment of payroll to all employees by compiling payroll information, managing payroll preparation, completing reports and maintaining records .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately process payroll on a biweekly and weekly basis. Pays employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
- Maintain the payroll database which includes processing all payroll changes, designing systems to find efficiencies, directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data while validating accuracy.
- Develop and prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Provide a high level of customer services by answering employee questions regarding payroll.
- Retain proper documentation for auditing purpose, insuring payroll records balance with employee and company data entry and reports.
- Validates payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments. Includes reconciliation of payroll provider deductions to quarterly reporting.
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains up to date professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Licenses & Certifications
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree.
Minimum of 10 years of previous payroll experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience utilizing ADP payroll systems.
- Experience with ADP PayExpert and HRB systems
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Certified Payroll Professional with the American Payroll Association
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to identify and resolve project application issues with customers and trade allies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems.
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios.