* The Ideal candidate will be very continuous improvement focused and will have previous claims leadership background with the ability to drive culture towards strong customer advocacy. The selected individual will be supporting the MD Centralized Services Claims Organization in Columbus, Ohio.
JOB SUMMARY: Communicate and drive claims performance for a unit within a particular line of business. May handle one or a combination of the following lines of business within a geographic territory: property damage/Blue Ribbon, material damage, casualty/bodily injury, excess/surplus, farm/agribusiness. Drive compliance issues. Manage balance between ALAE, loss cost and customer satisfaction. The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Claims AVP
1. Responsible for managing the claims processes consistently within a lines of business and geographic location. Coordinates efforts with other claims functions such as QA, medical, claims legal, subrogation, SIU, service centers, claims technical and claims staff support.
2. Develops and implements new solutions and operational processes in order to ensure optimization and compliance with established organizational metrics, government standards, and regulations.
3. Formulates, communicates, and enforces quality work standards. Monitors progress and resolves any identified issues. Suggests possible process improvements.
4. Ensures the best use of organization's resources by assisting with the development and implementation of the organization's strategic plans, projects and initiatives.
5. In conjunction with Claims Directors for other lines of business and leaders, coordinates cross-claims and cross-functional issues. Manages select administrative functions.
6. Evaluates existing operational plans to ensure growth and feasibility and makes necessary adjustments to assist organizational movement toward future success.
7. Formulates and administers corporate, organizational and regional plans and develops long range goals and objectives, which are measurable
8. Delivers a positive On-Your-Side customer service experience to all internal, external, current and prospective Nationwide customers.
9. Identifies, develops and retains high potential/high performing associates who have the potential for or are ready to fill critical roles in the organization.
10. Directs associate management including performance management, salary planning and administration, training and development, workflow and organizational planning, hiring and placement, and disciplinary actions.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate degree or post-graduate studies preferred.
Licenses/Designations: State licensing where required. Successful completion of required/applicable claims certification training/classes.
Experience: Minimum ten years experience in a claims operation including at least two years in claims management.
Knowledge: Requires advanced knowledge of claims best practices, technical claims operations, procedures and claims performance strategies, day-to-day claims operations, as well as Claims Best Practices. Extensive discipline specific knowledge desired.
Skills/Competencies: Excellent customer focus to proactively identify and understand customer needs. Ability to effectively communicate interpersonally with individuals and groups and manage an internal staff. Demonstrated decision-making skills, including the ability to recognize, analyze and improve claims performance situations such as loss control, LAE, customer satisfaction, employee development and engagement. Effective listening, oral and written communication skills necessary for customer contact, negotiation, presentations, project management, and personnel management. Ability to make decisions, establish priorities, and set strategic directions. Ability to organize and deal with a variety of situations, discern problems and recommend/implement resolutions. Ability to use PC and applicable software preferred.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Staffing Exceptions to the above Minimum Job Requirements must be approved by: Business Unit Executive and Human Resources.
Working Conditions: Office or Field claims office environment. Some travel may be required. Some positions may require ability to operate an automobile and have a valid driver's license with a safe driving record. Must be able to operate an automobile and have a valid driver's license with a safe driving record. Must be able to make physical inspection of accident scenes and property and/or property loss sites. Must be able to climb ladders, balance at various heights, stoop, and bend and/or crawl to inspect vehicles and/or structures. Must be able to work out-of-doors in all types of weather. Must be willing to work irregular hours and to travel with possible overnight requirements. Must be available to work catastrophes (CAT).
Credit/Background Check: Due to the fiduciary accountabilities within this job, a valid credit check and/or background check will be required as part of the selection process.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company - 2 years ago
Nationwide is a high-performing organization, and we continue to prove it every day. Our Property and Casualty Division sells a unique mix...