Provides patient services under the direct supervision and responsibility of the designated supervising staff physician, including obtaining medical and personal histories, performing physical exams, educating patients and families, and prioritizing and assessing patients.
INTERVIEWS AND EXAMINES PATIENTS TO DETERMNIE EACH PATIENT'S SYMPTOMS AND PREPARES PATIENT DATABASE TO CREATE OR UPDATE PATIENT FILES.
* Performs comprehensive examinations and appropriate medical screening procedures and accurately, clearly, and concisely records pertinent information in patient records.
ASSISTS IN THE FORMULATION OF DIAGNOSTIC, THERAPEUTIC AND FOLLOW-UP PLANS.
* Interprets laboratory data accurately and orders appropriate laboratory investigations while following established protocols.
ASSISTS IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF DIAGNOSTIC AND TREATMENT PROTOCOLS.
* Follows-up on patient status and diagnostic tests as appropriate and reports relevant information to supervising physician.
MAINTAINS EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION WITH SUPERVISING PHYSICIAN AND OTHER PATIENT CAREGIVERS REGARDING PATIENT CARE DECISIONS AND DOCUMENTS EACH PATIENT VISIT TO MAINTAIN AND UPDATE PATIENT RECORDS.
* Communicates in a clear and concise manner any information that may influence the patient's treatment program or well-being, including preparing clinical progress notes and other required documentation in accordance with Scott & White policies.
* Dictates or records complete and accurate information in patients' records.
PERFORMS OTHER POSITION APPROPRIATE DUTIES AS REQUIRED IN A COMPETENT, PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS MANNER.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY:
* Communicates all relevant information to patients and family members in a calm professional manner.
* Takes responsibility to understand and complete professional and technical requirements and provide Scott & White with the necessary documentation on such requirements.
Experience: Minimum/No Experience
License/Certificate: Physician Assistants
Department: Killeen Urgent Care
Standard Hours Per Week: 40