About Hotel DuPont
Luxury is a word we take seriously at the Hotel du Pont. Located in the heart of historic downtown Wilmington, Delaware and just minutes from the illustrious Brandywine Valley, our internationally renowned property caters to our customers' sophisticated style and demand for exceptional quality. We offer the finest personal service and prompt attention to every detail.
11th and Market Street, Wilmington, DE 19801
The purpose of this position is to manage, supervise, and provide leadership for successfully operating both the Hotel DuPont Valet Parking and Hotel Self-Parking operations (24-hrs/7 days).
- Ensuring that team members exhibit a “Guest First” attitude that creates a positive guest experience and memory supporting and promoting DuPont;
- Implementing and ensuring compliance of all staff with “Preferred Standards,” 4-Star/4-Diamond, and Hotel DuPont Car Park standards. At a minimum this includes an impeccable appearance for the exterior and interior property exits and entrances, vestibules, and stairwells, as well as parking attendant personnel;
- Recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, and developing parking personnel in accordance with established training, Hotel quality standards, and DuPont Core Value guidelines;
- Coaching, counseling, monitoring performance, and conducting performance reviews to ensure employee development;
- Developing and implementing established valet and car park operational procedures;
- Managing, monitoring, controlling, and accepting fiduciary responsibility relative to the total valet parking and car park budgets;
- Reviewing daily parking ticket inventory control and record keeping functions relevant for daily traffic volume and related hotel revenue;
- Conducting or delegating responsibility for daily pre-shift and monthly meetings to discuss day-to-day operations, business levels, and expected parking demands;
- Coordinating all valet and car park ticket receipts and necessary data relevant to revenue and expense reporting with Hotel accounting department;
- Attending weekly group specification meetings and business review meetings to ascertain demand, develop schedules, and forecast revenue and expenses;
- Assist front of house team with working MOD shifts as needed.
- Intervening and investigating any guest complaints or vehicle issues relative to the valet or self-parking operations. This includes communication and interaction with appropriate Hotel security personnel;
- Distributing monthly parking passes and establishing appropriate methods of payment;
- Maintaining parking inventory lists for both car park and B Lot monthly parkers;
- Communicating with service contract providers to ensure reliable equipment operations. This includes all gate, tracking arms, change and credit card machines and telephones;
- Daily and weekly maintenance and safety inspection of car park facility and the communication for necessary repairs;
- Updating the McGann system and using appropriate software for managing the Car Park and Valet Parking Operations;
- Maintaining and updating data on all car park patrons;
- Monitoring profit margins for both valet and car park operations as well as different revenue/cost sources and implementing procedures that would capture all revenue and monitor expenses;
- Overseeing daily, weekly, and monthly housekeeping duties consistent with Hotel standards and image.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management or Business Administration
- 1-3 years hospitality and/or customer service experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel
- 1-3 years prior managerial/supervisory or operational experience (preferred)
- Valid driver’s license. Safe Driving certification preferred.
- Ability to learn additional work-related software programs
- Demonstrated ability to adjust rapidly to unexpected or changing conditions
- Availability to work any shift necessary to meet business needs
- Demonstrated ability to network across functions to identify resources, contacts, and services
- Demonstrated ability to handle a high volume of work while maintaining composure and objectivity
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer
- This position requires standing for long periods of time as well as climbing steps. Incumbent must be able to lift/carry/push/pull loads (< 50 lbs).
- Due to 24-hour operation, must be available during peak business periods. Shift hours should rotate to provide maximum coverage during peak business times. Overtime is usually necessary to meet business needs.
DuPont is an e-Verify employer
House Front Parking Supv
North America-USA-Delaware-WILMINGTON-HOTEL DUPONT(EYH6)
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
DuPont - 17 months ago
E. I. du Pont de Nemours (also known simply as DuPont) wants to coat your car, feed your crops, and decrease your dependence on fossil...