Systems Administrator (Job Number: 322732)
The VMware Administrator will work within a corporate information technology Infrastructure Operations organization maintaining and updating VMware ESX and vSphere environment standards. Other responsibilities include:
- Function as a VMWare expert for the organization.
- Work independently, and as a member of the team, to ensure that the VMWare environment meets the needs of the organization.
- Administering the environment so as to meet the day to day demand in an efficient cost effective manner.
- Support projects as required to meet IT objectives while managing available time based on priorities.
- Analyze data and provide reports and metrics as needed to support engineering requirements analysis and growth planning.
- Ensure that the VMWare system is optimized for the utilization of SAN storage.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree coupled with 4+ systems administration experience; OR an Associate’s degree coupled with 6+ years systems administration experience; OR a HS diploma coupled with 8+ years systems administration experience.
- A minimum of 1+ years Vmware enterprise level experience. Examples of enterprise experience may include: VMware HA or VMware Site Recovery Manager.
- Experience planning and leading VMware migrations.
- Experience in optimizing Vmware for utilization of SAN storage.
- ESX 3.5 + 4.0/4.1/5.0 (vSphere) Deep Knowledge/or Certifications.
- HP, Dell, IBM, Cisco UCS BLADE SERVER Experience.
- Experience in migrating large numbers of virtual servers to new SAN arrays without impacting users.
- Experience in configuring Vmware clusters for ease of management, support of data bases, UNIX and Windows OS.
- Experience in designing Vmware environments to scale to customer demands.
- Experience supporting Vmware disaster recovery solutions.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Feb 26, 2013, 12:51:34 PM
Primary Location: United States-FL-ORLANDO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC - 2 years ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...