· 7+ to 10 years of experience
· Management Experience Required – No
· Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
· Willingness to Travel – Never
· 40 Hours per Week
Visa Candidates Considered - No
Skills and Certifications
MS Excel, MS Access and/or MS Project
Internal Controls Tech Managers manage the daily activities of the Internal Controls Tech team. In addition, Internal Controls Tech Managers assist with establishing and maintaining SOX technology policies and procedures, perform SOX technology program management and periodically provide status and summary of SOX technology compliance/testing results to the management team. Internal Controls Tech Managers are expected to demonstrate high level of specialized functional area expertise in a specific line of business with moderate expertise across one or more other areas.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
· Coordinate and administer assignments, monitor audit team progress and manage budgets and schedules Assess risks, document processes and test/review technology controls. Facilitate remedial changes to tighten and enhance technology controls and mitigate risk. Lead high-level technical support to business teams.
· Conduct research and analyses on highly-complex issues; devise creative and effective solutions. Monitor changes in the industry, SEC/GAAP, to facilitate timely updating of technology controls documentation and the identification of items impacting 404 compliance.
· Monitor and report any identified control design, effectiveness deficiencies and remediation efforts in an effective and timely manner to management. Administer monthly and quarterly reviews. Review reports of control failures and design gaps.
· Promote awareness of Internal Controls Technology/SOX requirements as well as train the business units, as needed. Represent the unit as a subject matter specialist or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
· Provide direct oversight of Internal Controls Tech Analysts and Senior Analysts. Establish policies and procedures to guide the Internal Controls technology staff and facilitate consistent, high quality outcomes and deliverables.
· Share knowledge and develop staff capabilities to strengthen understanding of changing industry, business and regulatory issues and Internal Controls technology best practices. Communicate team and organizational objectives; inspire and motivate team members to achieve results.
· Serve as primary point of contact for clients and business partners; assume overall responsibility for relationship management for specific business areas.
· Work in partnership with business leaders to strengthen governance, risk and control environments by anticipating issues, providing advice and sharing Internal Control technology knowledge and best practices.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
· MS Excel, MS Access and/or MS Project
· Experience with Risk Management
· Experience with Technology Functions
· Strong communication skills with consultative approach
· General understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle
· Experience with Industry controls and frameworks for audit, risk, compliance, security, governance and/or enterprise risk (COBIT, COSO)