Operates and maintains boilers and other auxiliary equipment necessary for producing steam for heat and power for hospital.
Post-secondary training or equivalent experience
1-3 years experience
Driver license - valid
Satisfactory Driving Record
1. Observes various meters and gauges.
2. Starts, stops, switches out boilers as appropriate. Turns valves and adjusts controls.
3. Cleans and repairs boilers and performs work such as repackaging of valves, changing piping, lubricating pump equipment and replacing broken or worn parts.
4. Maintains boiler room logs daily, building log, records, reports and statistics, etc.
5. Performs daily inspections of mechanical rooms throughout the hospital to ensure proper operation of HVAC and medical support equipment such as vacuum pumps and medical air compressors.
6. Tests and treats boiler feed water.
7. Interprets and complies with Federal, State and Local codes.
8. Maintains inventory of tools, parts and supplies needed to perform tasks.
Exeter Hospital - 2 years ago