Part Time Evenings and Weekends
Provides secretarial support services to administrator and other managers as designated; responsible for handling incoming telephone calls and greeting visitors. Follows all Extendicare policies and procedures.
No direct reports.
*Provides all secretarial/clerical duties as required.
*Courteously greets visitors and sees that they are properly taken care of.
Answers telephones. Takes and relays messages or pages personnel per facility policy.
Prepares letters, memos, minutes, notices, etc. as requested.
*Sorts and distributes mail. Addresses and stamps mailings as requested.
Maintains a room list of residents in the facility.
*Maintains a card file of residents/patients in the facility in a fireproof box. Removes from building in case of fire.
*Makes photocopies as requested.
*Maintains facility files as directed.
Coordinates job application process with applicants, including greeting applicant, providing application, ensuring applicant has a comfortable place to fill out application, providing beverage, collecting application, and reviewing application for completeness. Answers applicant’s questions. Contacts Department Manager/Supervisor for immediate interview.
*Complies with laws and regulations applicable to position and act in accordance with Extendicare Health Services, Inc.’s Corporate Compliance Program.
*Attends and participates in in-service training, performance improvement (“PI”) committees and other meetings as scheduled and directed.
Treats all residents, visitors, and staff with courtesy.
*Works overtime, holiday and weekend hours as scheduled.
*Assists in orientation and training of employees as assigned.
Follows facility dress and hygiene policies.
- Knows and follows facility rules.
- *Demonstrates proper use of equipment. Reports equipment needs or repairs.
- Follows facility smoking policies.
- Reports and documents any incidents or accidents of residents, staff or visitors to the appropriate facility personnel.
- *Performs duties, which may include transportation of residents, as assigned in Facility Disaster Plan.
- *Uses required protective equipment.
- Follows infection control standards, policies and procedures.
- Reports all hazardous conditions/equipment to Supervisor.
- Knows Resident Rights. Helps the residents exercise and/or protect their rights.
- Reports resident complaints to management.
- Maintains confidentiality of resident information.
- Follows and adheres to Extendicare’s policies and procedures implementing HIPAA requirements for the privacy and security of protected health information.
- Uses and/or discloses only minimum amount of Protected Health Information necessary to complete assigned tasks. (Applies only if position requires access to PHI under Role Based Access Grid.)
- Reports all suspected violation of company’s HIPAA policies or procedures to Facility Privacy Designee.
*Participates in all-hands dining.
*Performs other duties as assigned and consistent with the level of preparation and experience.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Prior receptionist or secretarial experience preferred.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Ability to type (40 w.p.m.) and operate computer and other standard office equipment. Ability to read, write, speak and understand English. Ability to relate positively, effectively, and appropriately with residents, families, community members, volunteers and other facility staff. Possess special interest in, and a positive attitude about, working with long-term care residents and the elderly. Meets all health requirements, as required by law.
If you can hear yourself saying one of the following:
"Helping People Live Better."
"Revolutionizing Post-Acute Therapy."
A challenging and exciting career at Extendicare, ProStep or VCPI awaits you. We value our customers and our teams who care for them. We are enthusiastic about helping others by providing quality care, rehabilitation and IT services. If you are interested in a rewarding career, passionate staff, and a diverse team apply today.
- 2 years ago - save job
Extendicare Health Services, Inc. (EHSI) prides itself on helping people live better, by providing comprehensive nursing, therapeutic and...