Kemper Home Service Companies, a Division of Kemper Corporation, has an exciting job opportunity in our Financial Reporting Department. This position is responsible for all aspects of accounting for various real estate investments maintained by Kemper's operating companies. The position will also be responsible for the initial review of financial results, and the explanation of all variances and/or unusual transactions. The ideal candidate must be able to prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities in order to meet rigid deadlines.
• Develop monthly procedures associated with each real estate investment.
• Meet with Chief Investment Officer to discuss potential accounting adjustments and/or issues.
• Prepare month-end journal entries via Web ADI and upload and approve in Oracle.
• Prepare monthly FAS109 calculations using Corptax.
• Prepare monthly Financial Analysis Summaries for companies and management groups.
• Manage Real Estate Department’s accounts payable function by processing invoices for payment, entering invoices into eRequest, and preparing monthly wire for accounts payable reimbursement.
• Reconcile cash and other account balances on a monthly basis.
• Assist with the preparation of quarterly and annual statements for operating companies using Wings software.
• Requires traveling state to state approximately 5% of the time.
• Additional duties as assigned.
Job Requirements :
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• Strong knowledge of Balance Sheets, Income Statements, Cash Flow Statements, Rent Rolls, General Ledgers and other financial statements.
• 1-3 years general experience in the accounting field
• Average verbal, written and report writing skills.
In exchange, our company offers the following benefits:
HMO and PPO Medical plan options
Flexible spending accounts for medical expense and dependent care reimbursement
401(k) with company matching
Defined contribution retirement plan
Education reimbursement plan
Please submit salary requirements for immediate consideration when applying for this position.
Kemper Corporation - 10 months ago