Looking for a place where your hard work can be FUN and APPRECIATED? Come join H&R Block! This is your chance to join our organization and become part of a known and respected brand. H&R Block is America’s 4 th largest retail organization. Due to our exciting plans for the future, we have several career opportunities available.
Please note that this position will require a consecutive 10 week furlough. During this time of furlough, you will remain in full-time status and eligible for 100% of your benefits.
This position is responsible for all operational and administrative activities for company owned tax offices. This position may support multiple District Managers in a matrix management structure. This role may also manage Messenger and/or Custodian labor. This individual must have a strong ability to deliver executable results that will enable the company to achieve strategic business objectives. Specific areas of support include, but are not limited to, adjusting labor staffing and scheduling, coordination of office set up and shut down, leadership of labor command center to coordinate staffing shortfalls/overflow and ensuring all supplies are available to district offices.
J OB DUTIES
- Makes adjustments to labor staffing and scheduling of district and provide reporting to District Managers and Field Operations Manager
- Maintaining the asset management inventory.
- Make adjustments to office hours to ensure they are consistent with company guidelines.
- Coordinate the set up and shut down of all offices for the assigned districts.
- Coordinate with landlord, facilities to ensure office standards are consistently being met.
- Manage the centralization of supply ordering and distribution
- Management of messenger and custodian to support office upgrades, delivery of supplies or other activities to help the operational support of tax office
- Assign non-returning/moving tax pros clients to other Tax Pros based on expertise (i.e. client matching)
- Local coordination of a national contract for cleaning of offices, coffee, water or other office amenities. This includes agreement with Iron Mountain for the storage and retrieval of tax documents
- Attends district meetings to observe and participate in the meeting. Will coordinate Town halls along with planning end of year recognition events and other district wide activities (e.g. OL Conventions)
- Will provide administrative support to District leadership and District staff as necessary
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK FOR H&R BLOCK?
- 3-5 years of operational experience in retail, service or similar work environment.
- This individual must have strong ability to deliver executable results that will enable the company to achieve it’s strategic business objectives ;
- Must have a strong leadership background and knowledge of how to handle problems quickly and efficiently ;
- This position requires excellent communication and logistical planning skills with a proven ability to coordinate activities within a matrix management structure
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively work under strict deadlines, while organizing multiple priorities;
- Demonstrated ability to research and summarize operational data for use in managerial decisions;
- Ability to work independently; with little or no direct supervision at various times
- Good verbal and written communications skills and interpersonal skills;
- Understanding and previous use of a Windows-based computer system and applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook; and PowerPoint.
Competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- Salary and incentive compensation
- Paid Time Off including
- Sick time, including short-term disability
- Benefit options for you and your eligible dependents, including:
- Medical / Prescription Drug
- Health Savings Account
- Dental / Vision
- Life / AD&D
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts – medical and dependent care
- Hyatt Legal Plan
- Additional benefits include:
- 401(k) plan, including a company match of $1 for $1 up to 4% and immediate vesting
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with a discount purchase price
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption Assistance
- Tax Preparation
- Buy and Save associate discount site
H&R Block is a progressive company dedicated to looking at our clients’ lives through taxes and finding ways to help. Our vision is to become the leading global consumer tax company, bringing tax and related solutions to clients year-round. If you meet the above requirements and would like to explore a career with H&R Block, please log onto our career website at www.hrblock.com and submit your resume and profile.
- We are dedicated to doing the right thing for our People, Clients and Shareholders.
- High Ambition- we focus on setting our goals high, bring out the best in our people and celebrate success.
- Agile- we anticipate the changing needs of the marketplace and quickly adjust to what our clients need today.
H&R Block is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
H&R Block - 22 months ago
H&R Block is one of the world's largest tax services providers, utilizing more than 100,000 highly trained tax professionals and having...