AOL Technologies is hiring!!
We have a opportunity available for a Database Administrator eager to learn new data platforms and technologies in support of web, mobile, and cloud applications. These include, but are not limited to, engadget, mapquest, editions, and huffington post. Join a global team of 30+ database engineers and architects building and operating the next generation web applications.
1) Efficiently supports the needs of several 24X7 DEV, QA and production database systems.
2) Creates automated processes related database administration, space management, security, monitoring, and performance.
3) Works with management to create development and support strategies for database systems.
4) Designs database systems and data structures in collaboration with software development teams for existing and new applications.
5) Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of database backup and recovery processes.
6) Complete required status reports, time entry, and special project assignments.
7) Master Operational monitoring tools/technologies
8) Adhere to all required PCI/MRC/Sarbanes-Oxley/SDLC procedures.
9) Supports required application maintenance windows, and oncall rotation function.
10) Performs installation, upgrades, and patching of database software.
11) Troubleshoots and solves complex database problems through research, analysis and collaboration with team members.
QUALIFICATIONS: KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
Ø BS Degree (Information Systems, Computer Science/Engineering.preferred) OR at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
Ø Knowledge of RDBMS (MySQL preferred)
Ø Demonstrates thorough knowledge of databases and their structures.
Ø Minimum 3 years of experience in supporting production database systems.
Ø Must demonstrate knowledge related to database systems, data structures and database design concepts.
Ø Proven background or knowledge of data base technologies such as MySQL, Oracle or Sybase
Ø Must be able to handle multiple simultaneous tasks.
Ø Have strong communication, written, and teamwork skills.
Ø Must be comfortable working in a collaborative, team centric environment.
Ø Must have solid functional knowledge of: Unix, Linux and Windows.
Ø Strong skills in SQL and SQL tuning.
Ø Working knowledge of client/server technology and fundamentals is critical.
Ø Must have a good appreciation of SDLC software development including traditional and spiral methodologies.
Ø Must have fundamental knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley and IT Governance processes.
Ø Proven background working in Data Center and Call Center production support environments.
Ø Should be a self-starter to meet demands of production support.
Ø The candidate should be a strong team player with a commitment to excellence.
Knowledge of RDBMS (MySQL preferred but will also support Sybase, Mongo, Postgres, and Oracle)
Experiences with MySQL, Oracle, Sybase, MS SQL Server, Autosys, Perl, Linux.
Do you want to make the Internet better? We do too. And we’re always looking for people with great ideas. We need free spirits and straight shooters. Creatives and critics. Nerds with nerve. People who love the Internet, but can see its cracks… and future, too. At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission: to inform, entertain and connect the world.
Copyright Notice: This content has been copyrighted. To request permission to syndicate this content visit https://www.sortiq.com/feedback.
AOL Technologies - 19 months ago