Emergency Dept Tech, FT, Days 7a-7p, ED at INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center
Emergency Dept Tech, Full Time, Days 7a-7p, in Emergency Department at INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center in NW Oklahoma City
Job Code: 2313
The Emergency Department Technician assists professional staff in providing patient care in the emergency room setting utilizing specialized skills and training unique to this unit. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires. INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Emergency Department Technician responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Administers a variety of patient care and special procedures utilizing unique skills/training to this unit
* Assists professional staff with sterile procedures
* Performs rounds on patients and reports/documents to professional staff/chart all information including vital signs, patient condition, transports to/from unit
* Operates a variety of specialized equipment requiring special knowledge, skills, and training unique to critical care units
* Performs maintenance of a clean unit to include daily cleaning of carriers with disinfectant, daily cleaning/stocking of exam rooms and emptying/stocking linens as needed throughout the shift
The Emergency Department Technician reports to the Registered Nurse and/or Clinical Director.
Required Physical Demands:
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects) Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes Seeing: Yes Hearing: Yes Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Must follow standard precautions.
VII. Required Competency Test(s) ER Technician
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* Must have education equivalent to Nationally Registered Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (EMT-Basic), EMT-Intermediate (EMT-I), or completion of junior year of accredited Nursing program, Certified AUA, or completion of Armed Services Medic Training/Certification
* Preference given to applicants with EMT-I.
* 1 year experience in acute care setting to include venipuncture skills, medical terminology, and current BLS certification preferred
* Must pass a knowledge assessment test with a score of at least 80%
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbal/written)
VII. Required Competency Test(s)
Integris Health - 20 months ago
INTEGRIS Health shoots for integrity by providing a range of health services to residents throughout the Sooner state. The company, one of...