The Manager, Product Support provides management oversight and direction to Product Support Engineers, Senior Product Support Engineers, and Product Support Technical Leads to troubleshoot and service complex problems reported by our customers with Verint’s software in accordance with established service level agreements, and productivity, quality and customer satisfaction expectations.
This position provides technical management oversight to others given their proven ability to analyze, evaluate, and direct parties to solve complex technical problems with the highest levels of customer satisfaction. These issues can be application-specific, and/or related to integrations internal to the product, or with other external applications and data sources.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs performance management, mentoring, coaching, etc. to a staff of Product Support Engineers; Senior Product Support Engineers; and Technical Leads.
- Establish goals and monitor the performance of team in order to optimize customer satisfaction through efficient and timely issue resolution.
- Continuously identify areas for improvement in the areas of knowledge, process and employee soft skills. Implement improvements plans as appropriated.
- This position will interact cross-departmentally, extensively with Verint’s R and D, Sales, and Services organizations, to influence the appropriate action and/or attention to the issue at hand.
- This position requires the demonstrated the ability to build relationships internally and externally and be skilled to leverage those relationships in the interest of achieving higher levels of customer satisfaction.
- This position demands the ability to interact with all levels of the Verint and Customer organizations, and as such the Manager, Product Support should demonstrate the written and verbal communication skills to appropriately position the current state of a problem or account status, and inform and negotiate with, internal and external parties, until such time as resolution is achieved.
- The Manager, Product Support must have the ability to manage customer escalations skillfully, while demonstrating a high degree of technical acumen.
- Highly motivated hands on Manager with solid knowledge of some, or all, relevant technical competencies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage high performing technical teams who are tasked to address complex problems with enterprise software solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and improve performance of a highly technical team.
- Ability to manage and achieve productivity targets with minimal oversight at both the individual and team level – strong ability to manage time and priorities of self and others.
- Can accommodate travel to customer sites when required to address significant support scenarios and to build customer relationships.
- 6 years overall experience in a similar technical position coupled with 4 years progressive leadership or management experience.
- Solid working knowledge of the databases, and a demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership in database-related support scenarios.
- Prior experience with the installation, support, usage, or administration of Verint software would be a nice plus.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience using diagnostic tools such as Wireshark, NetMon, PerfMon, WinDBG etc., in the course of troubleshooting technical problems, is preferred.
- Ability to assess the technical proficiencies of team members and determine appropriate knowledge development plans for the team.
- Strong and present leadership figure – can implement and drive positive change in the face of adversity.
- Strong communication skills written and verbal – ability to tailor the explanation of technical concepts to the audience, possesses solid skills in presentation to an audience of varying levels and perspectives.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, manage, and improve the performance of technical resources.
- Demonstrated ability to assume ownership of a customer and their corresponding issue(s) to manage through to conclusion - ownership would include regular internal and external communications constructed to best position content.
- Experienced at providing feedback to team members to improve performance.
- Familiarity with Contact Center operations and technology software and tools.
- Successful completion of a background screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search, OFAC, and SS verification.
As an equal opportunity employer, Verint Systems Inc. prides itself in providing employees with a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. This means we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to one’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, Veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, compensation, training, leave of absence or termination.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or technical related field.
- Significant understanding of networking and protocols (TCP/IP, SMTP, etc) is preferred.
- Technical support or solution design role for an enterprise software company preferred.
- Significant understanding and demonstrated knowledge of operating systems, desktop domains(active directory), and Windows security preferred.
- Knowledge of telecom systems (CTI, PBX, VOIP) including switches and protocols preferred.
Verint Systems Inc. - 17 months ago