Avaya, a leader in IP Telephony with more than one million businesses worldwide, including nearly 90 percent of the Fortune 500, use Avaya solutions for IP Telephony, Unified Communications, Contact Centers and Communications-Enabled Business Processes.
The Import/ Export Classification Manager will be responsible to comply with Customs regulations for import in accordance with the World Trade Organization and for export in accordance with the Wassenaar Arrangement applicable to encryption items, software and technology by determining the appropriate classifications. The classification manager will prepare and file CCATS applications with the US Bureau of Industry and Security as necessary while maintaining adequate technical and backup documentation for compliant recordkeeping. The classification manager will work closely with Research and Development team in drafting CCATS as well as be responsible for deemed export determinations.
- 7+ years with experience in researching and classifying software, hardware, and technology related classification in accordance with World Trade Organization and Wassenaar Arrangement requirements; encryption reviews, deemed exports, technology transfers, routed transactions, valuation, landed cost, country of origin, duties, protests, liquidations, reconciliations, CF28/29 and Entry Documents
- Significant understanding of the C-TPAT/AEO, NAFTA, reconciliation and ACE
- Critical thinking and excellent problem-solving, and analysis skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Preferred computer skills: SAP, Excel, Access, SharePoint, and other MS Office applications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of U.S. import and export regulations
- Support Product Development, internal/external business partners, and Global Trade Compliance team on product classification queries
- Assist department process mapping, creating and implementing import policies and procedures
- Assist with import trade agreement certificate verification reviews and country of origin verification
- Interface with internal departments and outside partners (such as brokers, consultants, repair vendors, etc.)
- Prepare and submit U.S. CCATS
- Educating employees and business partners on classification processes, tools and export controls
- Ability to work with computerized databases and to set and follow timelines for project updates and completion.
- Conduct periodic assessment of Avaya’s third party suppliers performance of import and export compliance activities
• 7+ Years of progressively responsible experience in this field is required.
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent organizational skills
Avaya - 2 years ago
Avaya helps to tie the corporate world together. The company's communication equipment and software integrate voice and data services...