This position is responsible for assuming various administrative duties and responsibilities related to employment, as well as, to support the effective and efficient overall operation of the Human Resources Department. |
1. Responsible for the recruitment process to include typing of job announcements, disseminating advertisements to newspapers, colleges, universities and other recruitment sources, to include the internet, includes updating and maintaining jobs that are advertised on the web and the jobs.sc.gov.
2. Maintain online applicant files for all job vacancies, assist applicants with the online application system, maintains master applicant list for future reporting; responsible for reviewing all applicant files to determine if he/she meets the minimum requirements. Enter applicant information into NeoGov as required.
3. Responsible for maintaining and monitoring the e-leave site. Train all new employees. Responsible for reporting. Maintain FLSA timesheets for all non-exempt employees; ensuring electronic receipt monthly.
4. Responsible for the coordination of interviews which includes contacting applicants, coordinating interview times and selection committee members; conducting follow-up with committee chairperson regarding interview sheets, reference sheets, etc.
5. Provide general information as it relates to employment availability, Human Resources procedures and general College information to faculty, staff, visitors and applicants. Assists in disseminating information to full-time faculty and staff.
6. Responsible for conducting criminal background checks and reference checks for job candidates.
7. Responsible for maintaining and updating the College’s organizational charts as needed. Assist in maintaining accurate Compliance Posters for all State and Federal postings, as they pertain to employment, on all campus locations.
8. Responsible for entering purchase order requisitions for all advertisements placed for the Department. Responsible for ordering office supplies for department.
9. Serves as backup for data entry/payroll process when needed.
Minimum and Additional Requirements:
Bachelor's degree; or, an associate degree + 2 yrs work experience; or, HS diploma + 4 yrs work experience.
Bachelor’s degree and Human Resources experience preferred.
Part-Time FTE (30 hours per week) with benefits.
State of South Carolina - 17 months ago