The Wired Ethernet Validation Engineer is responsible for testing wired Ethernet products and drivers in Microsoft Windows and Linux for the leading computer components manufacturer.
- Executing test cases (scripted, automated or exploratory).
- Documenting test results.
- Investigating product defects.
- Entering defects and reproduction information into a defect tracking database.
- Working with software development engineers to resolve product quality issues.
- Integrating new systems into the test beds.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows (XP / 2003 through 7 / 2008 R2)
- Experience with major distributions of Linux such as SUSE Linux Enterprise Server and RedHat Enterprise Linux
- Strong working knowledge of networking protocols (IP, TCP, UDP)
- Working knowledge of hubs, switches and cable types including the ability to set up a simple network
- Knowledge of physical and logical Ethernet topologies
- Ability to install and configure operating systems
- Ability to install and configure drivers
- Strong investigation skills along with training or experience with test case execution
Length of contract: 12-18 months
- Working knowledge of network traffic generators such as netperf, iperf and IxChariot
- Hands-on experience testing advanced Ethernet features such as TCP/IP offloads, jumbo frames, ACPI / power management, and manageability a plus
- Test automation experience in Windows or Linux
Number of positions available: 1
Hours per week: 40
% of travel required: 0
Please include a daytime phone number where you can best be reached along with your resume. Please also include a brief cover letter outlining your experience as related to this job requirement. CompuCom is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Must be US citizen or have active green card to apply. No 3rd party / recruiters please.
Compucom Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, helps companies plan, implement and manage multi-vendor, industry-standard computing...