Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. The main purpose of this position is:
Acquire skills necessary to assemble complex electrical connectors and/or jumpers per drawings and attached documentation to meet customer specifications. With senior level technician input, troubleshoot and repair to component level to ensure quality of deliverable product.
2. The significant duties and responsibilities include:
A. Assemble components to top level assembly per drawing and procedures.
B. Test and troubleshoot using optical and electrical test equipment to verify functionality of completed assemblies.
C. Recommend process improvements in production methods, equipment performance, and product quality and employee safety.
D. Actively participate in team problem solving methods for product quality enhancements.
E. Learn entry-level material transactions and labor reporting on MRP planning system.
F. Learn optical polishing techniques, both machine and manual.
G. Communicate written and verbal technical issues to management and engineering for problem resolution.
H. Must be flexible to operate in multiple departments and rapidly changing work environments.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Incoming new-hire or transfer with a High School diploma or GED and technical degree preferred.
• Some experience in handling optical fiber preferred.
• Experience in the use of electrical test equipment to perform DC Resistance and Insulation Resistance measurements.
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within manufacturing.
• Proficient in soldering techniques and certification to J standards.
• Computer Literate- proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, ERP/MRP (helpful)
• Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to read drawings and follow build procedures to completion of job.
• Must be a team player.
• Prolonged periods of standing or sitting
• Must have good depth perception and good dexterity to handle small components and optical fiber
• Lift up to 10 lbs for Stem, Penetrator and Manifold Assembly
• Lift up to 25 lbs for Connector Assembly
• Lift up to 50 lbs for Harness Assembly
• Lift up to 70 lbs for FACT/FITA Assembly or multi-legged Harness Assemblies
• Night shift work required on an as-needed basis to support production
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
Clean, Air Conditioned Environment
Competitive Wages & Benefits
Drug Free Workplace
Equal Opportunity Employer
Must be a U.S. citizen or a "U.S. Person". A U.S. Person is defined as a person who is a lawful permanent resident “Green Card holder” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101 (a)(20) or who is a ”Protected Individual” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email email@example.com or call (386) 236-0780. We will make a determination on your request for accommodation on a case-by-case basis.