The mission of the United States Air Force is to
in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values --
integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
WHO MAY APPLY:
for more information.
You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered.
**Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current Permanent Competitive Service Career/Career-Conditional Employees and Current Permanent AF DCIPS Employees with Reinstatement Rights to the Competitive Service)
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal & Regulatory Guidance
- Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit
- Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid
Back to top
The primary purpose of this position is to plan, direct, organize, and exercise control over the Medical Information Services Flight. Plan and coordinate the testing, operations, system solutions and the maintenance of hardware and software systems to minimize interruptions for the Military Treatment Facility (MTF).
Plans, organizes, and directs the activities of the Information Services Flight ensuring Information Systems comply with legal and regulatory requirements and meet customer needs.
Provides technical assistance, systems advisory services, and training.
Health Information Systems Security Officer and Information Assurance Officer (IAO) for the Medical Group.
Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities.
Back to top
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-09) or equivalent. Specialized experience must include
knowledge of systems integration methods, performance tuning methods, test and evaluation methods and procedures, IT security principles and methods, and project management principles and methods sufficient to plan and coordinate the installation of new products or equipment.
I have a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree. My degree is in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management OR my degree includes a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks.
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements and education for this position:
(TIG): Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions: Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-09 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of IT customer support concepts and methods, installed operating systems, network systems, applications, protocols, and equipment, and the Medical Group IT infrastructure sufficient to serve as senior customer technical analyst with responsibility for resolving the most complex customer problems.
2. Knowledge of IT security principles, concepts, practices, products and services, and methods for evaluating risk
and vulnerability, implementing mitigating improvement, and disseminating IT security tools and procedures for the Medical Group.
3. Knowledge of database management and project management methods sufficient to optimize systems performance, troubleshoot database performance problems, and perform a wide range of systems administration functions.
4. Knowledge of operating systems, associated devices, and the interoperability of systems sufficient to install, upgrade, troubleshoot, test, and maintain those systems; to optimize the functionality and performance of systems;
and to ensure the availability, integrity, efficiency, and reliability of servers.
5. Skill in managing AF and DoD medical systems (AHLTA and CHCS) along with the security provisions of the Health Information and Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
6. Ability to plan, organize, and direct the functions and staff of a small to medium sized organization.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE
: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY?
provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional
education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft
This position may be required to work other than normal duty hours.
Incumbent must obtain and maintain an appropriate security clearance.
Information Assurance certification is a condition of employment. This position includes information assurance (IA) work as a paramount duty requirement. Per DoD 8570.01-M, the incumbent of this position must achieve the appropriate IA certification within six months of assignment of these duties. A waiver of this six month requirement may be granted per DoD 8570.01-M, C 32.4.2 or C188.8.131.52. Failure to receive the proper IA certification may result in removal from this position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
Back to top
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program
. In addition to your take-home pay, c
for an overview benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
HOW TO APPLY:
Back to top
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which must include:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent". It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- f your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
or qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.
The complete Application Package
be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on TAG: Closing Date
To begin the process, click the
button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the
Submit My Answers
button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click
for the required cover page.
This Vacancy ID is 881303. Fax your documents to
. All support documents should be uploaded to your USAJOBS account and included with your application package. Faxing documents should used as a last resort; do not fax duplicate documents.
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the questionnaire
View Occupational Questionnaire
2. OPM Form 1203-FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire.
The numbering on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire in
Section 25 of the OPM Form 1203-FX, which continuously numbers from number one, while the Questonnaire starts each section of questions with number one. When entering your responses please continue regardless of number sequence.
This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible.
Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately.
for the OPM Form 1203-FX
3. Fax all required documents to
. Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is received, accurate and submitted by the closing date.
You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully by clicking
Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process.
modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy. Your resume may be submitted in any format. For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
If selected, you will be required to submit the following documents to substantiate your eligibility and/or qualifications. A list of required documents for all eligibilities may be located
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Air Force Personnel Center
504 SHAW DRIVE
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...