Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international energy company engaged in exploration and production, oil sands mining and integrated gas. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has a strong portfolio of assets delivering defined growth leveraged to crude oil production with exploration upside. At the end of 2011, Marathon Oil had net proved reserves of more than 1.8 billion barrels. The Company’s operations are located in the United States, Angola, Canada, Equatorial Guinea, Indonesia, Iraqi Kurdistan Region, Libya, Norway, Poland and the United Kingdom.
This self-motivated individual must be capable of anticipating and acting on department administrative needs and be able to handle multiple competing priorities in a professional and positive manner. Good organizational skills are also a key requirement. Provide a variety of administrative duties to assure the efficient operation of the office on a day-to-day basis. Interact with office and field personnel and internal/external stakeholders to accomplish company objectives and work responsibilities in written, electronic or face-to-face format politely and professionally. Must have excellent interpersonal skills to build rapport with internal and external customers. Sensitive information and materials must be handled with the utmost and confidentiality and professionalism.
- Perform routine office duties which include: answering phone calls, greeting visitors, routing incoming/outgoing mail, copying, filing, scanning, electronic record management and check requests.
- Making all logistical arrangements for on and off-site meetings and conferences
- Manage and Maintain Supply Room and field supplies
- Create and Maintain Organizational Charts for Oregon Basin
- Input and manage revolving data for field management tools (gas usage, fr clothing,Chase Morgan, Web base training, and more)
- Update MOC employee and Contract phone lists for Oregon Basin
- Help manage yearly schedules/quarterly safety meetings, necessary field training, Cody office training, and associated efforts
- Update OB Area Emergency Response Notification Systems and Plans
- Assist production Supervision and Lead personnel with TOW admin duties for the daily monitoring, development and troubleshooting of the TOW system.
- Assists in the maintenance and preparation of a variety of documentation including business financials, schedules and production reports, best practices and lessons learned.
- Enter time and attendance records.
- Active participation in all HES programs and performance improvement efforts.’
- Help all office supply and field needs to warehouse and maintain supplies and necessary needs, ordering and managing food and drinks to fuel field get togethers and training.
- Must be able to handle multiple competing priorities in a professional manner while maintaining a positive attitude in a sometimes stressful working environment.
- Work at Oregon Basin Main Camp and be able to manage all admin tasks within the Oregon Basin Field to include contract and company including the liquid side and gas side of the business.
- Manage various files and records retention related activities.
- Electronic file management
- Travel arrangements for field personnel and/or incoming visitors or temporary personnel.
- Manage Dues, Donations, and Contribution Processes for the Oregon Basin area.
- Edit and prepare PowerPoint presentations for meetings as applicable and to be determined by the supervisors or production superintendent.
- Monitor & Help with administration of Oregon Basin Security and fuel depot systems
- Manage inventory of HES/Company/Feld Safety Programs forms, ordersheets and keep mail slots in hallway full.
- Maintain office at main camp and gas plant incoming and outgoing mail
High School Diploma or equivalent
5+ years relevant experience
MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Powerpoint. Knowledge of MS Access, SAP, TOW, MERM, VISIO and COGZ preferred.
Knowledge of the Oil & Gas Industry (preferred)
Excellent oral and written communication, teamwork, and planning & organization skills
2 yr associate degree or equivalent experience preferred
Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks at one time is required
Apply for this job:
- Apply for this job online
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
- Email this opportunity to a friend
Marathon Oil - 17 months ago
Based in Houston, Texas, Marathon Oil is an independent exploration and production (E&P) with activity in North America, Europe and...