Primary Focus and Role Description:
Provides analyses of impacts, opportunities and risks and facilitates timely decision-making activities with business leaders to inform scope of work for change
Key Deliverables and Activities:
Provides analyses of impacts, opportunities and risks and facilitates timely decision-making
activities with business leaders to inform scope of work for change
· Reviews business case, benefits and NPV to insure accuracy and completeness of proposed solution/change.
· Understand detail behind business case in order to help build Business Metrics Scorecard.
· Involve cross functional business expertise to review and assess proposed solution/change
o Identify potential change to current business practices
o Explore new paths, procedures and approaches
· Facilitate open discussions to resolve issues and gaps
Define business success criteria, design and execute business readiness impact assessments
for all change projects.
· Define project participants. Insure appropriate business expertise is participating in the project
· Insure a consistent quality approach to change implementation
· Insure that projects clearly define the business requirements and benefits
· Analyze project requirements and technical approach to identify business impacts that will result from the change
· Ensure the business is sufficiently involved and committed to the change
· Actively engage and represent stakeholders and business units in their activities and deliverables throughout the project life cycle
· Support project through warranty period
· Deliver all BR activities on time and with quality.
o BR Approach
o Success criteria
o Business Readiness Checklist that tracks all pertinent project activity
including owners and status.
o Business Readiness Impact Assessment (BRIA) to identify activities
necessary to ensure the business will be prepared for the change and
ensure those activities occur. Actively engage with the business in
resource impact assessment, capacity planning and risk assessment
o Business Metric Scorecard and ensure the mechanisms are in place to
track and measure benefits back to the business case
o Post Go Live Scorecard and ensure the mechanisms are in place to
track and measure data
o Business Readiness project closeout assessment
· Develops, monitors and reports on Go/No Go criteria for project implementation and warranty exit
o Perform Go/No Go Assessment
o Insure risks are identified and mitigations developed
o Develop criteria for warranty exit
o Perform assessment for warranty exit.
o Identify mitigations for any issues that will move to post warranty (low
or medium impact items that are not financially viable to address).
Define and develop training and communications strategy and plans for all change
initiatives. Coordinate UAT activities.
· Communication strategy and plan
· Training strategy and plan
· Insure identification of functions and resources for UAT execution
· If needed, prioritize UAT cases
· Report outcomes of UAT as part of Go/No Go criteria
· Coordinate post implementation UAT of software releases as needed
· Validate pre and post production changes
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or equivalent job experience
Work Experience: 1-3 years working in leadership role for managing issues, projects and client support activities preferably in the utility industry
· Critical thinking skills
· Ability to develop strong relationships across the organization
· Ability to interact professionally across all levels of the organization
· Requires highest level of understanding of the organization’s business systems, business processes and industry requirements.
· Experience in effectively managing and motivating people
· Possess strong written and oral communication skills
· Operates under minimal supervision
· Strong decision making skills
· Strong analytical skills
· Strong people facilitation skills
· Ability to excel in a fast past, highly volatile environment; effectively managing multiple activities and meeting deadlines
· Strong understanding of the utility industry
· Proficient with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, etc.)
Direct Energy - 17 months ago
Centrica is centered on integrated energy operations in the UK and North America through four major brands -- British Gas, Centrica Energy,...