In order to be considered for employment at Merchants Bank, we need to receive a cover letter and resume from candidates.
Our online application system will allow you to upload one document. You may wish to combine your resume and cover letter into one document to upload. Thank you!
The starting hiring range for this position is generally $10.58 to $11.78, based on experience. The full range of the position is $10.58 to $15.38; the high end being reached when employees earn salary increases over time as a result of growth in the position.
This position is full time (36 hours) at our White Street branch in South Burlington, VT.
A. GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsible for teller operations, customer service, and sales. Supports Community Banking Manager in pursuit of branch deposit and loan growth objectives by selling all MB products and services, and developing household and commercial relationships through cross-selling and outbound sales.
B. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND OBJECTIVES:
1. Demonstrates the efficient and sound practices of: teller transactions and cash handling; ATM and vault management; security procedures; risk management; regulatory compliance; technology execution; and account maintenance.
2. Demonstrates transactional accuracy and efficiency within Merchants Bank standards as outlined in the Teller Variation Policy to include personal responsibility for detection and resolution of errors in individual work.
3. Provides superior customer service to all customers and constituents via Merchants Bank Customer Service Standards. Aims toward business retention and cross selling of existing customers (share of wallet) by making recommendations for new or modified products/services to meet the customer’s individual banking needs. Supports retail sales environment within branch by demonstrating comprehensive product knowledge and account maintenance procedures.
4. Understands the primary features and benefits of all retail and commercial products and delivery channels with the ability to open all account types while processing paperwork with minimal errors.
5. Knowledgeable of the Bank’s relationship building and cross-selling programs, requirements, and goals including: scrub mailing lists for accuracy, complete outbound calls as assigned by CBM, recognize and act upon cross-sell opportunities during daily customer interactions and be fully engaged in the welcome program for new customers.
6. Identify opportunities for new relationships and support growth of branch portfolio. Target individuals, businesses and organizations for potential sales follow through. These can be pursued by Personal Banker, or referred to Community Banking Manager Corporate Sales team or the trust department. Understand the branch marketplace and current marketing initiatives to add or expand consumer and commercial relationships through sales and service out reach efforts.
7. Strive to be a true team player in all areas, take initiative to lend assistance or accept new projects, act as a coach/mentor when appropriate, and represent bank in community activities.
8. Engage in regular communications to constituents (customers, co-workers, management) in support of branch and company direction. Cooperate with all reporting requirements with clear, concise written, verbal, and electronic communications.
9. Cross-train in all duties and functions within the department. Participate in (satisfactorily complete) all required training and pursue additional training opportunities that will promote growth in position.
10. Perform any and all duties as assigned from time to time.
C. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Minimum one-year experience in sales or customer service related position. Strong interpersonal skills in order to positively represent the Bank.
2. Aptitude and demonstrated proficiency in use of computer technology. This includes working knowledge of Internet, Microsoft Office (or similar software) functions, and database entry. Competency in all bank branch hardware and software platforms.
3. Strong written, verbal and listening skills to be used in communicating with a broad range of constituents.
4. Proficient in mathematics; at level required to perform Personal Banker duties.
5. Cash handling experience strongly desired (experience and accuracy with balancing a cash drawer and handling cash during customer transactions).
6. Experience in financial operations, investment and/or loan environments desired.
7. Demonstrated ability to analyze situations and execute decisions.
8. Ability to work productively as a team member as well as independently.
9. Personal Bankers should be able to lift items weighing up to fifty (50) pounds. Personal Bankers are responsible for moving full coin bags and other branch equipment.
Merchants Bank VT - 23 months ago