Associate Editor, Multifamily Executive (MFE) and Apartment Finance Today (AFT)
Hanley Wood, www.hanleywood.com , is currently seeking an Associate Editor for our Business Media division. The Associate Editor will serve two of our fastest growing titles, Multifamily Executive (MFE) and Apartment Finance Today (AFT). The MFE/AFT Associate Editor is responsible for creating content and executing special projects to produce two titles targeting a niche audience—the owners, managers, investors, and builders of multifamily properties. This individual’s strengths lie in well-reported content, use of digital platforms, organizational and project executional skills, and the ability to cultivate a network of sources.
Major Responsibilities and Related Duties Include:
• Development of a source contact base to include owners, developers, technology partners, and consultants
• Understanding of broad themes and ongoing events/developments in multifamily industry
• Engagement with respective audiences on platforms including Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
• Expansion of audience use and experience of multifamilyexecutive.com and housingfinance.com site content
• Management (with direction from other editors) of special editorial projects, including MFE’s annual Spring Tech Supplement and the MFE Design Awards
• Contribution of story ideas and leads to produce quality content during all staff meetings and weekly news meetings
• Research, reporting, and writing of content such as weekly and monthly feature stories and web content
• Participation in quality management/proofing of print and digital content
• Development of a credible “voice” via frequent, sustainable commentary and curated content
• Creation of new content and identification of third-party content that engages the audience, drives web traffic, and supports brand initiatives
Qualified candidates should possess the following Skills, Education and Ability:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in English or Journalism
• Minimum two (2) years of editorial experience
• Demonstrated research and writing skills
• Excellent communications skills
• Strong sense of professionalism
• Ability to multi-task and manage several projects and stories simultaneously
• Organized self-starter with a positive attitude
• Desire to broaden knowledge of emerging technologies
• Adeptness using digital technologies to engage with immediate environment and initiate change
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, web browser use, and Google Docs
• Strong presence on social media platforms including (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
• Proficiency in Adobe InCopy preferred
• Well-defined blog identity and robust following preferred
• Strong knowledge of app use and generation preferred
• Knowledge of web analytics preferred
About Hanley Wood:
Hanley Wood is the leading business-to-business media company serving the housing and construction industry, and one of the top 10 B2B media companies in the country.
We are over 600 employees strong with offices nationally. We enjoy a corporate culture that simultaneously encourages high levels of creativity and productivity. Those who thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and are motivated by personal and team success will find a challenging and rewarding career here at Hanley Wood.
You owe it to yourself to work for a dynamic company. Employee satisfaction is important to us, so we provide competitive compensation and benefits with a dynamic workplace setting. If you meet the required skills and qualifications and want to learn more, apply on line at http://www.hanleywood.com/careers and follow us on Twitter @HanleyWood and @hanleywoodHR.
Hanley Wood is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. m/f/d/v
Hanley Wood - 14 months ago
Hanley Wood is a leading business-to-business media company focused on the residential and commercial construction and design industries....