The Stein Mart Distribution Center Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing a shifts, day-to-day operations made up of a team of associates within the company's regional supply chain warehouse/distribution facility. The key objectives of the position are to maintain the flow of goods with the distribution facility, forge relationships with our stores, and to partner with Transportation and Supply Chain Performance teams to achieve the company's functional goals.
- Lead, direct, train and manage the performance of a team of associates on a shift at a regional distribution facility to optimize merchandise flow to stores and minimize transaction costs
- Direct involvement in hiring of associates
- Monitor and measure merchandise, vendor, and service provider compliance and performance reporting.
- Insure compliance with all safety, SOX, and OSHA guidelines.
- Effectively manage all aspects and areas of the distribution center in order to meet key performance indicator goals.
- Acts as a liaison with assigned stores to resolve warehouse and delivery issues
- Responsible for accurate and timely reporting, DC scorecards, productivity and other metrics reporting
- Responsible for receiving, vendor compliance audits, quality assurance, and warehousing activities, as well as the Stein Mart associates affiliated with those tasks;
- Accountable for adherence to established corporate controls, practices, processes, procedures and policies. Maintains strict compliance with corporate sanitation, risk management and asset management programs, and audit expectations including, but not limited to, safety, training, inventory, security, proper utilization and maintenance of material handling and transportation equipment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Logistics or related discipline, or equivalent work related experience.
- 5+ years progressive warehouse management experience as an Operations Manager in a retail/apparel environment.
- Demonstrated leadership and success in managing distribution facilities, including the development and implementation of standard operating processes and procedures
- Demonstrated track record of leading improved performance for all facets of a distribution center, including receiving, picking/packing, inventory accuracy, shipping and material flow efficiency
- Comprehensive knowledge of best-in-class warehouse management systems to drive continuous improvement
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, and strong collaboration/relationship building skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products ( Excel, Work, Powerpoint, Access, Outlook)
- Experienced in working with a tier 1 warehouse management system (WMS).
SteinMart - 10 months ago
Stein Mart's style is to operate department-like stores that feature discount prices. With some 260 shops in some 30 states, it sells...