Sales Engineer-Maryland/Washington DC Region
Riverbed is about changing the rules. Forget about how things work today – join us as we solve the problems of the future. Do you thrive on change? Do you like the constant challenge of the new? Do you value simplicity? Our intelligent insights and hard work makes things easy for our customers so we can enable them to serve their customers. Can you help us deliver technology without disruptions – technology that just works?
Riverbed delivers performance for the globally connected enterprise. With Riverbed, enterprises can successfully and intelligently implement strategic initiatives such as virtualization, consolidation, cloud computing, and disaster recovery without fear of compromising performance. By giving enterprises the platform they need to understand, optimize and consolidate their IT, Riverbed helps enterprises to build a fast, fluid and dynamic IT architecture that aligns with the business needs of the organization. Riverbed offers the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry who are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. If you are a cross-functional collaborator with the ability to see and link the pieces of the big picture together join us and help us create the world of the future.
• You will manage technical leadership and ownership of key customer Proof of Concepts and technical investigations.
• You will work with a Territory Sales Executive in a supportive position with the main focus on pre sales activities – including (but not limited to) technical presentations and demonstrations to “Fortune 1000” accounts in the local area.
• You will oversee the enabling and training of the partners to be able to speak intelligently and show Steelhead WAN optimization product in the best light. This may be in the form of a WebEx, onsite training, lunch and learn, etc.
• You will engage regularly and proactively with the SE leadership
• You will work with prospective customers to understand their business drivers and tailor the optimal solution.
• You will ensure that accurate & regular reports are completed and submitted as per business processes.
• You have a BS/BA degree in CS, EE, or MIS
• You have skills in pre-sales role within the local area with a focus selling to Fortune 1000 type accounts. (7+ years’ experience)
• You can successfully complete sales presentations on your own.
• You enjoy traveling, working odd hours, and being very available.
• You reside in the targeted geography with local relationships with both customers and key local resellers.
• You have skills in networking, switching, and routing background (L2 - 3) and in-depth TCP/IP knowledge, network design experience
• You have skills in hands-on troubleshooting, configuration and implementation.
• You have skills in programming scripts (eg. Shell, Perl, Python, VB).
• You have skills in Cisco IOS, and quickly understand enterprise network topologies and constraints. You also completely understand how to configure networking under both UNIX and Windows platforms
• You have skills in applications such as Microsoft, CIFS, MAPI, NFS etc.
Why Riverbed Technology?
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus San Francisco-based company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. If you want to rapidly develop your career with a company that is also a great place to work, Riverbed should be at the top of your list. Riverbed recently won recognition from two of the most well-reputed barometers of the work environment. We are the Glassdoor “Employees’ Choice” award winner as one of the top places to work, ranking #3 overall and #1 in enterprise companies. Additionally, we’ve been recognized with a Sloan award for work-life balance, which underscores our core values at Riverbed. If you can add to Riverbed’s collective talent and unique culture, then this job might be right for you!
Additional information about Riverbed (NASDAQ : RVBD ) is available at www.riverbed.com. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. M/F/D/V/LGBT.
Job Segments: Pre sales, POC, technical presentation, enterprise, sales engineer, systems engineer, solutions architect, network devices, network design, network architecture,
Riverbed Technology - 8 months ago
Riverbed delivers performance for the globally connected enterprise. With Riverbed, enterprises can successfully and intelligently implement...