System Performance Modeling Engineer
As a System Performance Modeling Engineer at Micron, you will work with the industry's leading architecture team on new concepts which will shape the future of electronic systems.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Performing open- and closed-loop system performance analysis of new advanced SSD architectures in comparison with existing paradigms.
- Working with internal engineering teams and external customers to optimize and characterize new SSD components, functions, and architectures.
- Selecting the appropriate simulation tools/environment; constructing or modifying component models including memory devices, controllers, processors; verification, generating or acquiring relevant workloads; constructing performance monitoring means (e.g. energy, cycles, statistics gathering, etc.); controller/strategy optimization; recommendations.
- The scope will span from component-level to full system-level modeling, analysis and benchmarking.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- Demonstrated capability in performance modeling and familiarity and experience using a variety of available tools.
- A strong knowledge of memory systems and SSDs, as well as knowledge of other memory types.
- Ability to be open-minded and creative.
- Exellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and written skills.
- Ability to be highly organized and self motivated.
- Solid programming language and computer skills.
Engineering - Other
North America-US-Colorado-Longmont, North America-US-Idaho-Boise
Apr 4, 2013
May 20, 2013
Micron - 17 months ago
Micron Technology is one of the largest memory chip makers in the world. It makes DRAM (Dynamic Random Access Memory), NAND Flash, and NOR...