Hardware Product Engineer - Vehicle Camera/Optics
CoStaff Solutions, Inc. is actively seeking a degreed Electrical Engineer with vehicl camera/optics experience for a full-time opportunity located in Southeast Michigan.
This engineer will work in the Vehicle Autopilot Group designing and developing forward-facing camera. As a Hardware Product Engineer, this is a lead role that would entail working in a matrixed organization interfacing with mechanical engineering, software engineering, suppliers, purchasing, manufacturing, test engineering, quality and sales.
Successfule candidate's responsibilities include:
Minimal travel, both international and domestic may be required.
- Supporting all phases of the camera design and development lifecycle. The engineer will work within a team comprised of electrical, mechanical and software specialists working to develop new camera products.
- Daily technical design and support of automotive camera systems. Generate, or oversee the generation of, schematics, BOMs and layouts.
- Analysis of sensor and system performance.
- Develop system/component test plans and processes.
- Provide input to schedules and test plans.
- Create technical reports and present them to the management team.
- Work with our technical sub-suppliers.
- Support customer quotations.
- Participate in customer meetings.
- Develop test instrumentation or support hardware.
- ECU hardware design.
- Customer and system requirements analysis.
- Circuit design and analysis.
- Interface control documents.
- DFMEA creation.
- Customer interface and general support to the Engineering Manager.