This is a Systems Administrator role that will be a part of the team responsible for all UNIX and Linux systems used in production, staging, and development environments. You will be supporting a high availability websites which attracts a high volume of unique visitors. This role will assist with our virtual private cloud as a member of the UNIX/Linux Operations Team. The ideal candidate will advise management of system related issues and ensure that systems remain secure.
- Configure and maintenance and troubleshooting of all Unix/Linux systems.
- Administration of network and storage hardware.
- Management of operating systems and system applications.
- Interface with Database Administrators, Developers and Quality Assurance with performance tuning, and troubleshooting.
- Respond to service outages and manage internal systems.
- Performance tuning of Apache, Tomcat and/or similar technologies.
- Experience with highly availability sites, multi-node linux environments or large server environments.
- Familiar with management tools such as Puppet or Chef.
- Experience with Linux distributions such as: RedHat (CentOS, Fedora) and Debian ( Ubuntu)
- Experience managing and configuring RAID systems.
- Experience installing Server, Storage, and Network Hardware.
- Working knowledge of at least one RDBMS.
- Strong Scripting skills.
- BS or equivalent work experience.
Cypress HCM - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -